Central locking query / issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Anyone had any issues with central locking off the remote ?
I have to be very close to the car to get it work reliably and sometimes it can take multiple button presses. To unlock / lock.

I have replaced batteries in both remotes. Issue persists so I am ruling those out.

I also don't get a reliable "push to lock" when doing it manually on the doors. More often than not the handles pop straight back out.

I am wondering if it is a lock mechanism issue with the handles but hopefully some of you can throw me some more ideas. Is there a way to reset the alarm system or sensitivity somehow? Could it be the central locking sensors ?

Thanks again!

NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

It does sound like an issue with the remotes. This may be a silly question but have you used the correct battery? There are several different types which are very similar and can be easily confused.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
scm

Post by scm »

If the button on the door handles isn't working reliably it sounds like the fobs are fine.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

scm wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:01 pm If the button on the door handles isn't working reliably it sounds like the fobs are fine.
Not necessarily. I've found that sometimes the buttons on the doors don't work if the key fob isn't close enough or if I haven't completely taken the fob out of my Faraday pouch. The handles popping out again/failing to lock can also be a symptom of the car not detecting the fob (or forgetting to remove the fob from the car :oops:)
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Yes batteries are like for like replacements.
Re the handles, they take more of a push than I would think is normal.... but I don't have a normal to compare to.

Can anyone do short video of pushing their door handles in so I have something to compare to?
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

I've just found this too which i will look into...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ue-201279/
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I also had one door handle that started to pop back out when pushed to lock. Garage ordered a new door lock mechanism. While waiting for the appointment it stopped misbehaving but went ahead with the change anyway. It involved a special tool to take the glass out. I wonder if water jetted into the handle might cause this fault.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Just an update to this saga. It's really the only issue now to figure out on the car, then it'll be perfect!

I have still got the issue in that: (Roof up) the remote fob is the only way to reliably lock / unlock the car. Using a push on the door handles results in beeping from the car. The fob has to be very close to the car for it to lock too.

I've discovered today with the roof down - that the entire system works as you would expect it to; fob works from a distance and you can push the door handles to lock the car - with no error beeps back at you.

I apprecaite the feedback so far, and the door lock mechanism will be on my list to replace but does anyone else have any other ideas with my new found discovery?!

Thanks.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Do both the side windows drop properly when you open the doors with the roof up - and rise again after the door shuts?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Lunar wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:34 pm Do both the side windows drop properly when you open the doors with the roof up - and rise again after the door shuts?
Yep !

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post