Audio Muting at Junctions

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Duvetday wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:06 am Is it possible that the radio antenna is disconnecting when you brake, either at the radio or antenna end ?

You might expect it to do the same using the analogue radio, but reduced signal on DAB would have more of a binary effect...either on or off. On analogue radio a loose radio connection might just reduce the signal but you haven't noticed as it has not gone 'off' altogether.

Having suggested this I'm not sure how you could test the theory. Maybe find a week signal station using the analoue radio and see if it fades under hard braking ?

Thanks for the suggestion, anyone know if it’s the same aerial for FM and DAB? ..and where it is? It isn’t a big issue as I rarely use the audio and FM is fine if I want the radio - certainly not worth going to dealer about until it’s next routine service. But if I can get it working properly I’d like to.

scm

Post by scm »

The DAB aerial is in the luggage compartment lid, according to the document I have.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

scm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 pm The DAB aerial is in the luggage compartment lid, according to the document I have.
Thanks, I’ll have a look - odd place!
Deleted User 1715

scm wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:39 pm The DAB aerial is in the luggage compartment lid, according to the document I have.
Have checked and you’re right. All looks good though, I’ve re-seated all of the connections and will see if it’s any different next time.

501BE755-4154-416D-A6E3-EA5F44C1A0A0.jpeg

Interesting hand written note stuck by FM antenna!

DC325A96-6932-477D-95BD-9835ECF0C7A0.jpeg

scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, I neglected to say there were two - L and III, whatever that means. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Update: re-seating the electrical connections seem to have done the job, dab now working without interruption. Thanks for the tips. :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post