Latest Software

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

bob_mcn wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:23 pm Checked for a software update again today and it says I'm up to date, :roll: infotainment is 19c and connectivity 18.2, it should I reckon, be 20c1 and 19.2, but it has to go in to dealers on wed 5th for a software update to activate the SOTA, to connectivity 19.2 to be able to get the 20c1 update and future updates. DOH! :| I would have thought a MY 21 car would have been more up to date. :(

It doesn’t need to go to the dealers to activate SOTA. It’s a switch on topix, they just need to enter your vin and then activate it, I had the same issue and was fixed without visiting a dealer.

Alsam

Post by Alsam »

Agreeded. Ring them and authorise sota. Immediatly update to S21A.
First Edition P450
Eiger Grey
Red Brakes
Heated Screen
Panoramic Roof

MY2021
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Well, the SOTA saga continues, took the car in this morning and , surprise, :o the service department have no booking slot made for me to be sorted. So speak to someone in the showroom, they disappear and later come back and tell me they have spoken to workshop manager and it needs booking in for a day to update all the car software to enable SOTA. Seems the earliest to do it (with loan car available) is mid/late June, :roll: So I have emailed 'jagcrc' to see what I need to do to get sorted, now awaiting a reply. Not a happy bunny. :x
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If your running 19C then SOTA update to 20C1 is supported. You just need dealer to approve it as it will be paused following software update issues a while back. The dealer probably wants to do it as it will chargeable to Jaguar as warranty work. But there should be no reason why they need the car.
I've had a few PM's about this and on two occasions a call to dealer to enable it and hey presto all sorted.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Just had a reply from 'JAGCRC' and apparently my F Type needs to be done at the retailers for a day, Not just a simple job as i hoped. :|

At least i know now officially. :roll:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the vehicle would need to be booked in with an approved retailer for SOTA to be enabled on your vehicle.

Due to the process of installing the required SOTA update, our approved retailers are advised that this process can take a while and therefore, they would require the vehicle for a day to ensure that it has been successfully update.

Your local approved retailer may be able to assist with providing you with a courtesy vehicle whilst yours is in the workshop. I would recommend that you arrange to discuss this with them directly.
Alsam

Post by Alsam »

Hi all.
Does anyone have acces to TOPIX to se what software version S21A is supposed to do?

I can access TOPIX but cant access anything related or find my cars build data. Is everything a secret ?

Thanks
First Edition P450
Eiger Grey
Red Brakes
Heated Screen
Panoramic Roof

MY2021
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

Copied from the I-pace site info.
S21A_21.10.6-67661.pdf
(110.4 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

bob_mcn wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 pm Just had a reply from 'JAGCRC' and apparently my F Type needs to be done at the retailers for a day, Not just a simple job as i hoped.
It doesn't. We have had this many times before. 19C is SOTA enabled software. That is the whole reason behind it so you don't have to spend a day updating it manually!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4901&hilit=S20C&start=30#p51577

But glad your getting resolved.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Mine is in for its first service today and I mentioned the software not updating to the service desk lady, who has noted it to make sure it gets updated. Mine too is 'stuck' on 19C so I'm hoping they sort that today and I can get the updates as normal from now on. Will report back in here but I suspect it will be that flag on their system that needs resetting, which has worked for others.

EDIT: I forgot to ask them how they sorted it, but latest software is now installed on my MY21 car.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

just in case i can confirm that once the software is updated to enable SOTA it is just a matter of updating TOPIX to enable to re-enable it. Mine had the same issue showing software up to date even though i still had the useless tiles from the last update not applicable to the 8" screen with physical buttons. My local dealer (shout out to Mark @ Beadles, Sidcup) updated TOPIX and hey presto new software and all the tiles restored and removed the ones that dont work
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post