Ambient Lighting

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

So got hold of the build sheet for my car from Jaguar Customer Service and one item in particular has me scratching my head. I know when I bout my XE there was an option back then to have configurable ambient lighting or else you got standard interior lighting. My Spec sheet mentions Interior Light Package Ambient Lighting - is the light package just the standard interior lighting or is it something else on an MY19.5? If so can't find any option in the extras to do anything with it on the InControlPro.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

scm

Post by scm »

The spec sheet for my MY18 says "Ambient Lighting - Configurable" - so maybe the configurability is an option.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Yep, this confuses a lot of people when it's really just marketing speak.
As above, the word is "configurable" as in you can change the colours.
Mind you Aussie specs can be different but "mood lighting" and "ambient lighting" are just terms for the normal interior lighting.
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:09 am... "mood lighting" and "ambient lighting" are just terms for the normal interior lighting.
I'd accept ambient lighting meaning interior lighting but, to me, mood lighting implies something that should be changeable to suit my mood swings!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Hammers wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:31 am So got hold of the build sheet for my car from Jaguar Customer Service and one item in particular has me scratching my head. I know when I bout my XE there was an option back then to have configurable ambient lighting or else you got standard interior lighting. My Spec sheet mentions Interior Light Package Ambient Lighting - is the light package just the standard interior lighting or is it something else on an MY19.5? If so can't find any option in the extras to do anything with it on the InControlPro.

Mine is Listed as "Interior light package configurable ambient interior lighting". only configurable from the head unit menu and changes the colour on the grab handle and under the door armrests though the passenger side is not working on mine. Sound like you you do not have the configurable version.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I wouldn't care if I didn't have this option. Tried it twice then left it and forgot about it.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

Jaguandy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 pm I wouldn't care if I didn't have this option. Tried it twice then left it and forgot about it.
I specced it on the first F-type I had. Because the underlying colour of the switches, etc, is blueish, any other colour and the whole thing looks a mess.
Didn't bother speccing on the next F-type.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe