Latest version of ICTP?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Can anyone say which the latest software version of the 8" ICTP is?

The dealer was supposed to update mine to the latest version before I took delivery of the car last week but I'm not sure if it was done.

Mine is 2019BX.3-9209 and does look fairly new since it for instance has the Apple CarPlay option (which is pointless because it as far as I know doesn't work on the 8" system anyway).
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

scm

Post by scm »

I don't think you've got the latest software since I believe a later update took away the Carplay and Android Auto options since they don't work with the 8" screen.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Hmm. Now that I checked further the version number I posted above was from the Nav application, but there's another part of the system saying that the infotainment software version is S20C_20.43.1-618886 and that it was last updated 14/11/2020. Any idea if there are any newer versions and do you happen to know which version you have in your car (if you also have the 8" screen, if that matters)?
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

S20C1_20.48.3-635557 (known as S20C1) is the latest.

See here - fixes erroneous Car Play tiles in MY18 8" Pro systems as well.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4901&hilit=S20C&start=20#p50728

If you check for updates then the car should download it. If it doesn't then the car has not been re-enabled for SOTA updates. That's a call to the dealer to update the system. See here
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4901&hilit=S20C&start=30#p51577
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Brilliant,thanks for that. I'm still waiting to be able to connect the car to my incontrol account - the dealer apparently had to ask JLR to disconnect it from the previous owner's account.

That said I haven't been able to look into the different connectivity options yet but from what I gather so far the only way to run SOTA updates and other downloads to the car will be through mobile data by adding an own SIM, right? Doesn't seem like connecting it to a wifi network is an option. Will the basic incontrol subscription (the one enabling at least remote start etc) be sufficient to run SOTA updates? So far the pro (?) subscription and its features seem pretty pointless so I wasn't planning to get that.

I also saw on another forum that you should be able to download map updates directly from JLR/HERE and import them to the car via a USB stick. I managed to set up an account with HERE but haven't seen the option to download maps yet. Maybe it only works for other markets or maybe it's because my car isn't connected to my basic incontrol account yet.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

On the ICT Pro for those with SOTA updates they have just released a new software update.
Of course the techies on the iPace forum heard it first............. :roll:

Not rolled out to anybody else yet as far as I know but grip something with excitement when I say it's...................................
S21A_21.10.6-676616.

Only thing of interest maybe is that it supposedly going to fix the issue of being signed out on the nav even though you have the stay signed in box ticked.
Probably not an issue with you lot but it has been pi**ing off a lot of people on other Jagwar/LR forums.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

PhilB wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 am On the ICT Pro for those with SOTA updates they have just released a new software update.

Not rolled out to anybody else yet as far as I know but grip something with excitement when I say it's...................................
S21A_21.10.6-676616.

Only thing of interest maybe is that it supposedly going to fix the issue of being signed out on the nav even though you have the stay signed in box ticked.
Probably not an issue with you lot but it has been pi**ing off a lot of people on other Jagwar/LR forums.

Thanks PhilB, that has actually been annoying me too as I set up routes and destinations on my phone and the time to log in each time in the car is a bit of a drag! Does that mean I should buy an iPace? :lol:
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 am On the ICT Pro for those with SOTA updates they have just released a new software update.
Well, they're all software obsessives - we prefer just driving the car! :lol:
Tel

Post by Tel »

I downloaded this today...worked first time, no IT'CP, didn't crash. I'll upgrade in a few years time to a hardback. :D

1843484218.jpg

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:00 pmI'll upgrade in a few years time to a hardback. :D
Going from soft-top to coupe? ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post