White residue/powder on supercharger and engine block?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:53 pmJust you. :lol:
That's good to know. :D

Once, the forums used to be a place of interesting reading and joviality....however, now, it seems repetition of the same old issues, and revival of 5 year old posts is about all we can muster.
What's the world coming to?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Once, the forums used to be a place of interesting reading and joviality....however, now, it seems repetition of the same old issues, and revival of 5 year old posts is about all we can muster.
Threads, like the world, appears to go round and round .... :lol:

On the plus side, it shows we're getting new members on board, even if they are having the same issues we've had and think they're the first to have had them. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Tel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Once lockdown is lifted and we can venture further afield I’m sure we can find some new interesting problems to be solved!

Hopefully get more interesting pictures too, rather than just ‘after washing on the driveway’ pics!
Tel

Post by Tel »

This highlights the fundamental flaw with this Forum platform...lack of stickies.

Stickies are a great way of helping folk both new and old to find answers.
Just wish we had started them years ago.

Anyway I'm going to be shot as we've gone from engines turning to dust to this...so far off topic its untrue.
Thanks SCM and GusA for your continued support and tangenital reasoning ;)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:52 pm... tangenital reasoning ...
Mmm, a bit of a Freudian slip there! :lol:

We could also do with a "like" button. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

In my opinion, this topic.....‘White residue/powder on supercharger and engine block?’ is a very good one and the OP (who is a new member) soon realises it has been discussed in detail on another thread which was started approx six weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5188

With regards to ‘stickies’, it’s been said before that there is a powerful search engine in the ‘Quick Links’ section at the top right of the page, so is there any need for them I wonder?

As for a ‘like’ button, I think it’s quite refreshing that this forum doesn’t have one as it encourages further debate on a subject.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

The XE forum has it's "Faults and technical" section sub devided into things like "Engine and drivetrain" , "electronics" and various other things.
Whilst most people manage to find the right one some still just chuck it in the main topic.
You can do a lot of things to try and make it easier to find things but unfortunately people don't read topic headings or don't really care.
The use of the search function is always the best starting point and if it's relevant I don't have a problem with fairly recent things being brought back to life.
However, digging up 5 year-old threads just to post a comment which does nothing to add any new info is really annoying and is posting for posting's sake.
Those go straight into the bin.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I actually tried to search for this topic but somehow didn't manage to find it. I guess the description of the matter is a bit tricky so it was hard to know what to search for.

Agreed that some more specific sub sections could be useful. The XF forum that I spent a lot of time on the past 8 years has several more sub sections which makes it easier to navigate and find stuff.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post