On release of brake pedal, I have an issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Hi chaps,
My car is four days old, and when I release my foot off the break pedal there is a noticeable sound, like a clunk, this has no affect on brake performance? Do I take it back in the morning?
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE

Fez

Post by Fez »

Yes, take it back....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Of course take it back to be assessed.

1) Anything to do with brakes has potential safety implications and should never have any 'clunks'

2) Assuming from a dealer it's under warranty or covered/protected by consumer law, so they can sort it out
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Definitely take it back, but are you sure the sound is from the brakes or could it be the gearbox?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
basher

Post by basher »

Could be the parking brake sticking?

I sometimes get this after I've washed the car or been out in the wet.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:07 am Could be the parking brake sticking?
I wondered that but that would happen when you got on the throttle, not just released the brake pedal? Unless we're missing a bit of information ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions, spoke to my dealership, they are going to take it in, check it over, and give me a courtesy car.
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post