Reverse Camera

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Did try the manual switch at the time, didn’t do anything.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

Brendub

Post by Brendub »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:10 pm Very similar problem on my Evoque, but it's temperature related
If it's cold the camera doesn't work for the initial reverse out of drive, rest of the time perfect
I just think JLR electronics and more sensitive and prone to gremlins than other marques
Agree with cj10. My old XF used to do this. If it was damp or cold the reversing camera would not come on. My FType does the same. With the XF once it got over 21 degrees outside all the electronics and the boot opening worked fine. It is like it said "I can't be bothered today"
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Hammers wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:36 pm This morning I was driving to work listening to Burnley v West Ham via CarPlay (COYI) and when I got to my normal parking place I threw the car in reverse and the camera didn’t engage for the first time. Figured it might have something to do with CarPlay so switched off the IPhone and stopped the engine and restarted, still nothing other than the sensor, no camera. Parked it then switched off, shut everything down and then started again, still nothing. Will have a look later when I go home but anyone else come across reverse camera not engaging in reverse gear? Have I inadvertently switched something off? Is it a known fault?
Did you get to the bottom of this. Still happening to me on occasion. No idea why.
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Hasn’t happened again since but being winter almost down under will check when it is raining.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post