Plastic underbody protection on SVR

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Hazbean

Post by Hazbean »

82064F36-6C1B-4710-A884-AECE888FE289.jpeg

1AB8337C-B2DF-4928-98F4-D2C431DA8579.jpeg

I put my SVR on the ramp this morning to check for corrosion on the sub frames and cross braces and to generally have a good look under the car. Happily the corrosion was minimal but to my surprise I did spot the rear plastic under protection panel which covers the rear diff to be secured with cable ties at the front. My son, who used to work for JLR said this may be a factory fitment from the SVO division, I hope he’s wrong. The panel just seems too short by about 25 mm. Please look at the pictures then check your own!
I really hope someone can shed some light on this, the dealer is aware of the issue and hasn’t got back to me yet. Please help.
Thanks
Harry
F type V8 SVR
MY 19
Panoramic roof
Carbon spoiler
Carbon Ceramic brakes
Caldera Red.
Very discreet!!

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Must be an SVR specific fitment? No covers over my rear diff!
Tel

Post by Tel »

No way José is that anything you do with JLR SVO.

JLR unfortunately do not have the technical know how to work cable ties...they would use string ;)

Can you imagine the posts we would see on here if all SVR's ownets diff covers tie wrapped!!!

That, I'm afraid is somebodies Friday afternoon "need to get finished" job.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Hazbean

Post by Hazbean »

The plastic panel fits at the rear under valance and it’s bolted in the centre to the sub frame, it’s also drilled further forward but nothing to fix to and then cable tied. It can’t be correct!
F type V8 SVR
MY 19
Panoramic roof
Carbon spoiler
Carbon Ceramic brakes
Caldera Red.
Very discreet!!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

You do not make a 200mph car and then fit and secure under panels with cable ties. It's not even one cable tie but two shorter cables tied together to make one longer one!!

That will eventually snap as it rubs on the metal tray. Take it back to the dealer.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

No cable ties on mine, that panel should be further forward, there shouldn’t be a gap there.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Hazbean

Post by Hazbean »

I bought the car about 6 weeks ago with less than 1400 miles on it from a main dealer, it’s only 18 months old. Unfortunately the dealer is around 400 miles away from me so taking it back is not an option. I could try a dealer more local but I’m waiting for the main dealers response first. I just can understand why the panel was removed then refitted but doesn’t seem to be the correct one.
SimpleR , you are correct and well spotted these cable ties are joined together. I’m a bit nervous now in driving the car in case they snap!
F type V8 SVR
MY 19
Panoramic roof
Carbon spoiler
Carbon Ceramic brakes
Caldera Red.
Very discreet!!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

You could try Jaguar Assist if it is a safety issue. IE cut a cable tie and call them.
Any dealer will do I think.

EDIT - Call supplying dealer and offer to open a case with Jaguar Customer Services as well. Might prompt a quicker response.
Last edited by simpleR on Thu May 06, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Looks like it was longer and someone cut it back then realised it was too short and used cable ties. One of those I will fix it when I get time then forgot about. did not follow the old rule of measure twice cut once..
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Something else not on the 165 point check eh :roll:

That's atrocious for a main dealer to sell a car in such condition - personally I'd send photos to Jag CRC, ask for a written statement of how this came to happen and suggest a free next major service at a dealer of your choice in order to close the matter and not publish your JLR customer experience more widely.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post