SIM not supported?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
chrispolwin

Post by chrispolwin »

this is not a reply. its an expression of sympathy. My F Type 2018 has been back and forth to dealer over past 3 months. They just kept saying rubbish like the SIM reader is only 3G compatible. Anyway, car is back with the dealer now and Jaguar have agreed to oversee the work so that dodgy excuses can be eliminated. I will let you know if i find out anything, unless obviously, anyone on here knows better.

apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

I had loads of issues with MY18 Sim being recognised. It took three visits to the dealer to sort it out. Changed the telematics unit in the end. Not had a problem in the 3 years since.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
scm

Post by scm »

No issues with SIMs in my MY!8, 4G and all.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Is there any relationship between the people that have had problems? A year? Model? Could it be a bad batch of readers or some other part?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

My car is going in to the dealer in about a week and I'll see what they say then. Can't say I've been bothered by it not working so far though... had more or less forgotten about the issue.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Just wanted to report that I got the issue fixed while my car was with the dealer yesterday. Don't know yet exactly what they did but it all works now and I've been able to make an OTA update of the InControl software to the latest version.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Tornum

Post by Tornum »

Just for information, I was getting the Sim not supported message on my 2020 5 litre P450, it didn’t matter what Sim was used it came back with the same message.
I read on another forum to cut a business card to the width of the SIM card, slide the card into place then install the SIM card.
This worked first time, there is obviously problems with the contacts in the SIM card readers causing the problems.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

have to say the f type sim slot is the worst i can imagine. I have new card reader unti and my previous EE card in a plastic adapter worked fine. Replaced to day with a new 3 sim card in same adapter - sim not supported. Sim card works fine in iphone. Useless piece of kit from Jaguar with all these issues. Fed up with constant sim card issues
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
scm

Post by scm »

ayrejc wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:03 pm have to say the f type sim slot is the worst i can imagine.
Interesting, I've had no issues with mine.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yep plugged mine in all worked, been fine ever since...?
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.