SIM not supported?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Took mine in to be looked at today - sim card reader being replaced but was told that the unti ONLY works with a micro sim not a nano sim in an adapter as that damages the reader. Can I find a micro sim data card? no i cant. Seems very strange
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange

scm

Post by scm »

ayrejc wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:23 pm Took mine in to be looked at today - sim card reader being replaced but was told that the unti ONLY works with a micro sim not a nano sim in an adapter as that damages the reader. Can I find a micro sim data card? no i cant. Seems very strange
I thought all SIMs come as a standard SIM with pushouts to make it down to the right size? You don't need a specific data SIM - I'm using an ordinary Giffgaff SIM.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 pm
ayrejc wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:23 pm Took mine in to be looked at today - sim card reader being replaced but was told that the unti ONLY works with a micro sim not a nano sim in an adapter as that damages the reader. Can I find a micro sim data card? no i cant. Seems very strange
I thought all SIMs come as a standard SIM with pushouts to make it down to the right size? You don't need a specific data SIM - I'm using an ordinary Giffgaff SIM.
Exactly.
The "3" data only sims I've used for years come on a card with all three sizes.
Just press out the micro sim and use that.
The common problems with sims are first using the wrong ones, secondly fannying around with an adapter instead of using the right size and not pushing the sim all the way in until it clicks home.