Dynamic Mode Not Available

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
fastjag1955

Post by fastjag1955 »

I have a 2015 F Type R with about 22K miles on it. She has always run great. I usually run her in Dynamic Mode. However yesterday, I started to get a "Dynamic Mode is not Available" error and also a "Parking Brake Error". The parking brake error would go away after I applied and released the parking brake several times but the system will not let me put it in dynamic mode anymore. The button on the console that turns active exhaust on and off also does nothing...no indicator light or anything. The car used to be loud at first start up but the active exhaust does not even come on at startup anymore. Oddly, the car still runs great in paddle shift, sport and non sport modes with no errors. (All though the power may be less than before but hard to tell)

Any buddy else have a similar problem with their car not allowing dynamic mode to turn on?

The last thing that I did before the Dynamic would not come on was to try to clean the "sticky button" problem off of the dynamic switch on the console. I just wiped it with some alcohol. Could a fuse blown or some control module gone bad ?

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I doubt cleaning the top of the switch will have caused this.
Are you still on your original battery?…
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

I'm with Lunar - first thing to do is make the sure the battery is fully charged, then start investigating. Does the battery hold its charge? Cheap fix if it works, and if it doesn't you've eliminated one possible cause.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
fastjag1955

Post by fastjag1955 »

I checked the battery and it is fully charged. I keep it on a C TEK. I did a reboot by disconnecting the ground stud in the boot....all with the same conclusion....."Dynamic Mode is not available".

I decided to check all of the fuses. The under hood and foot well ones are okay but to ask a stupid question....How do I get to the fuses that are on the A - Pillar? The instructions say to "uncllip the access panel to view the fuses". You cant check the fuses through that little hole. It looks like the knee cover under the fascia runs under the sill plate and maybe the trunk release lever needs to be removed? How do I remove that whole cover under the fascia to be able to pull the fuses there to check them???? There has to be an easy way without removing too many pieces?
scm

Post by scm »

AIUI, the so called A pillar fuse box is actually under the carpet on the passenger side .... But that may depend on the MY of your car.
fastjag1955

Post by fastjag1955 »

My car is a 2015 and I can see a small fuse box on the left side A pillar and I think there is also one in the right side footwell under the carpet on a 2015?

My issue is I can not figure how to remove the trim piece under the fascia to check the fuses on the A pillar. I can see them but no way to actually remove the fuses and check them.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Has anyone else encountered this ?
What makes you suspect a fuse ?

What about the other functions eg. Throttle and brake position, suspension settings. Are those available or also dead ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

santoshlv426 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:19 pm What about the other functions eg. Throttle and brake position, suspension settings. Are those available or also dead ?
I don't think you can select dynamic functions unless dynamic mode is on.
fastjag1955

Post by fastjag1955 »

The screen for user to adjust the various Dynamic Mode parameters is "grayed out" and a big "Parameters can only be adjusted if Dynamic Mode is ON"
fastjag1955

Post by fastjag1955 »

New information........I put a scanner on the car and it says "U0001" fault which is "high speed CAN bus errors is cause the issue with the Dynamic function.

Anybody familiar with this fault code and what might be causing it?

Is the dynamic/weather switch on the console a "module" on he CAN bus?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post