Drive the f type more often !!!!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I have had a tank rust through and dump its entire contents in the past, but of course likely this was from external corrosion!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

Captain Midlife

Post by Captain Midlife »

I'm a bit late on here but I can't see how it is dirty/stale fuel. You said "after 30 minutes". Fuel mixes almost instantly as you refill, old and new so new fuel would just dilute the "staleness" and it would all be a bit stale. Water? That would be at the bottom of the tank and take far less than 30 minutes to become evident. Two months isn't that long in any conditions anyway. More likely a duff plug/coil pack or temporarily stuck injector. Just unburnt fuel that is emitted out the back. The engine management light would likely have flickered as the post cat Lambda sensor picked up too many hydrocarbons or too much CO, but once cleared it would read normal again??? Probably!
Between toys :cry:
Amyzoe

Post by Amyzoe »

Thanks for all the possible causes,seems mine was the least likely 🙄🙄
MY 2014 v6 s convertible
White
Amyzoe

Post by Amyzoe »

Forgot to mention the car has been fine over the weekend for over 200 miles of driving !!!
So hopefully just a gremlin
MY 2014 v6 s convertible
White
scm

Post by scm »

Jaguars often fix themselves - they don't want to visit dealers any more than we do! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post