Rear Creak, fenders and tailight areas, 400 Sport

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Odin

Post by Odin »

I noticed the other day when leaving a Petrol statiion, my new to me, very low mileage 400 Sport had creaks coming from the rear of the car as I drove over irregular surfaces. At first I suspected something inside the boot and investigated, but later found that when I put slight downward pressure on the rear of the car around the center of the tail light, there is a very noticeable creaking and squeaking that emanates from the area. I proceeded to spray in a very light bit of silicone lubricant in the area on both sides of the back end, and the creaking noise heard inside the car did cease. But that solution only lasted a few days and the creaking has again returned.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and could offer advice on addressing it.

Thanks in advance.
400 Sport, RWD, Yulong White

gx337

Post by gx337 »

Congratulations I too have just got my low mileage RWD 400 sport in Yulong White !
Hope your rattle gets sorted out, might be worth calling your jaguar dealer for any known issues ?
Fez

Post by Fez »

Congratulations welcome to the 400 club, please can you confirm are you hearing the creeking when driving. I can confirm when washing and waxing my car I get the odd creek from panel around tail lights however it has always done it and I have own from new. I have no noise when driving.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Odin

Post by Odin »

gx337 - Thanks for the welcome and reply and well wishes to you and your new ride. I fell in love with the white 400 the moment I looked at her. Congrats!

Fez- Thank you also for your reply. Knowing you hear the creak during cleaning makes me feel a little better. That is when I first heard it enough to identify it as the culprit, during my "two a day, in love with our new F Type, wipe down and detailing sessions." (Is it normal to be in the garage at 3 a.m., talking to a car as you wax and polish it?)

It's kind of a quirky thing, but I do not hear it at road speeds at all. But when I am doing slow speed maneuvers in places such as my local Petrol station, or when I go slowly over bumps and humps in a parking lot, or driveway, it is very noticeable to me. But as I said, being that you have noticed something similar, I won't concern myself all that much. Thanks again!
400 Sport, RWD, Yulong White
scm

Post by scm »

Odin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:51 pm... Is it normal to be in the garage at 3 a.m., talking to a car as you wax and polish it?
Normal if it's an F-Type! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post