Instrument cluster change to KPH from MPH

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have imported my car to Australia and am due to pick it up tomorrow, finally.

Couple of questions which I am searching for answers.

Does anyone know if I can change the instrument cluster for a KPH unit without lots of recoding? Also the Milage will be in Miles but the new unit in KM will it convert or have I lost a few KM

I believe the Milage data is recorded on another chip elsewhere but have been told the cluster (New don’t know about used from Europe) Will have to be coded to the car and I also have been told not to remove it from the car as there is some sort of anti theft setup to be aware about which required data from the unit to be recorded as it is removed from the vehicle. That means leaving it with Jag to dismantle the dash, and no doubt lots of hours involved $$$.

I see I can replace the dial itself with this, I need to find the information concerning dismantling the dash, any pointers appreciated

https://moman.pl/en/home/1174-10921-jag ... currency=2
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

When I had a Jap import to the UK, there was a small kph/mph converter unit, just a few components, fitted in the speed signal somewhere. Maybe importers can help, they must have done a few conversions.
It's a shame manufacturers don't fit a kph/mph button to the dashboard, my old Supra 2.8 had one as standard.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I never use my analogue speedo anyway - much prefer to glance at the digital one - this you can set MPH / KPH in the settings menu via the stalk.

I seem to recall (could be wrong!) if you use the nav it will also change automatically between mph / kph when you enter another country.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Nick

Post by Nick »

Will leave the digital KPH up all the time, till I decide what to do, need to update the map though.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:39 am I never use my analogue speedo anyway - much prefer to glance at the digital one
And I thought it was just me who did that! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Digital is quicker to read - less time with eyes not scanning the road ahead 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

The nav needs the regional map update done also, but as above the digital section of the cluster is fine but the analogue will need replacing.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post