Apple CarPlay Upgrade

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

golfdoc1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:58 am I have reported that my 2021 F type R has no voice on The navigation and WAZE apps on apple car play. The picture (maps) are visualize fine. I'm told this is a software problem with the newest update version and they are expecting another update in August or September to correct this. My Jaguar mechanic says all the 2021 F Types have this issue now. I would be interested to hear if others have this issue
No voice instructions on my MY20 for Waze or Googlemaps via CarPlay and some latency with the visual depictions too, as the car icon is shown slightly behind where I actually am.

Running S21A software on the infotainment

scm

Post by scm »

Andy Pom wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:12 am “Is you system 8 inch with physical buttons down the side or 10 inch”

It’s the 10 inch, I don’t believe there’s an update available for the 8 inch.
Correct.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Mikeyf

Post by Mikeyf »

MY2015 V8 R Coupe
Metallic Black with Black Pack, Black Wheels, Black Leather & Black Callipers.
Debadged apart from black leaper.
MANTOT3

Post by MANTOT3 »

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4513
Quite a few people have.
Quick search on forum came up with above
Topic. Has been discussed several times on this forum and couple of videos on you tube.
I've fitted one to my 2015 which has the more difficult to install Bosch system.
Installation was straight forward and worked first time! The OEM touch screen is still a little slow.
I'm very pleased, provides upto date maps and Spotify very good upgrade worth every penny
2016 SVR
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Homemade Barless front Grill.
And all the options on my wish list :twisted:
Previous: 2015 AWD R
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Just had a phone call from Jaguar, the next infotainment update will address the lack of voice instructions when using CarPlay but will not be released until October, replacing S21A version software. Don’t know what else is being fixed.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

I hope they are for real this time!
It took months for JLR and my dealer to admit the problem.
Then they blamed Apple.
Then I heard August, then September, now October.
While the built-in Jag nav. system is OK, it is much easier to be able to voice activate the Carplay or Waze nav. systems while driving, rathet than needing to type in journey points,
but without the audible step-by-step they are more tricky to use.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post