Apple CarPlay Upgrade

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

Andy Pom wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:06 pm... when I bought the 2018 SVR last month it didn't have CarPlay but the Jag dealer upgraded it before I took delivery so it's still available but that would be a 700 mile round trip!!
You say that like it's a bad thing to drive an F-Type for 700 miles? :shock: :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Andy Pom

Post by Andy Pom »

Great point SCM, I'll set off now and be knocking on their door at 7am tomorrow! :lol: 8-)

That's what I was expecting GusA but that option just isn't there, that's why I was wondering about a "hidden menu" as per the earlier models - really frustrating.......

IMG_2051.jpeg

2018 F-Type R
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I would be asking the dealer to update it to the latest version, S21A, and then see what you’ve got.
Andy Pom

Post by Andy Pom »

Hi all, quick update…….

Thanks for the advice everyone it helped me to dig in and get the job done - software upgraded and Apple CarPlay works a treat!

Basically it’s a significant upgrade and during the process there’s a warning that continuing the upgrade voids any warranty on the infotainment system. So as long as you are happy to accept that then they can do it; I was charged £200 and it took about 5 hours.

Twice I was told it couldn’t be done for b**ls**t reasons, why they can’t just front up and say it like it is I just can’t figure, result for my local dealer is my F-Type and Velar get serviced elsewhere now!

Hopefully this thread might help someone else one day………..
2018 F-Type R
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Glad you got it sorted but no idea why it would void the warranty as it’s JLR software. Be prepared for no voice instructions from Waze or Googlemaps as it’s another glitch which will apparently be fixed in the next update in September 🙄
Andy Pom

Post by Andy Pom »

Yep that bug I was already aware of from the Velar - you can’t have everything hey? :?
2018 F-Type R
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Andy Pom

Is you system 8 inch with physical buttons down the side or 10 inch.

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
golfdoc1

Post by golfdoc1 »

I have reported that my 2021 F type R has no voice on The navigation and WAZE apps on apple car play. The picture (maps) are visualize fine. I'm told this is a software problem with the newest update version and they are expecting another update in August or September to correct this. My Jaguar mechanic says all the 2021 F Types have this issue now. I would be interested to hear if others have this issue
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

scm wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:11 pm
Andy Pom wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:06 pm... when I bought the 2018 SVR last month it didn't have CarPlay but the Jag dealer upgraded it before I took delivery so it's still available but that would be a 700 mile round trip!!
You say that like it's a bad thing to drive an F-Type for 700 miles? :shock: :lol:
700 miles, that is just down the road in Australia 😂
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Andy Pom

Post by Andy Pom »

“Is you system 8 inch with physical buttons down the side or 10 inch”

It’s the 10 inch, I don’t believe there’s an update available for the 8 inch.
2018 F-Type R

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post