USB in cubby box stopped working

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ekers

Post by ekers »

All,

I have taken the F Type for a drive up to Norfolk and used the USB a bit more than usual. Just noticed that it has stopped working. The Cigarette Charger in the cubby box works fine but the USB seems to give no power. Any ideas would be appreciated? I tried fuse 53 in main footwell and fuse 6 in luggage compartment but no luck!

Thanks

Ekers
2014 V6 Coupe, Salsa Red, 20" alloys, lovely sound

DangerUXB

Post by DangerUXB »

Certainly in my 2019 model there are two USB slots in the cubby. One provides power and connectivity the other connectivity only. Not sure why that’s the case but this may be the issue with yours.
MY19 F-Type Coupe R Dynamic P340 RWD Carpathian Grey
Pano roof, Performance seats
Black pack, privacy glass
Big brakes with red calipers :D :D
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

ekers wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:02 pm All,

I have taken the F Type for a drive up to Norfolk and used the USB a bit more than usual. Just noticed that it has stopped working. The Cigarette Charger in the cubby box works fine but the USB seems to give no power. Any ideas would be appreciated? I tried fuse 53 in main footwell and fuse 6 in luggage compartment but no luck!

Thanks

Ekers
I recently purchased my F Type and found the sat nav card did not register and the USB failed to charge. I had seen historical comments on here and found a link where you can buy a replacement facia as these can go wrong. I think it cost about £50 and I unclipped the old one and there were four plug cables which I then placed in the replacement. Both Satnav and USB worked straight away - so consider replacement yourself before you go to a dealer who will no doubt rub their chin and take a deep intake of breath and tell you to cancel Christmas to pay for repair.
I will check archives and put link on here if I can find it !!
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Look up the messages on the following post ‘sat nav not detected’ by diabolik back in april
But this link was there and this is where I got the replacement from which works

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/ ... n___f_pace
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
ekers

Post by ekers »

DangerUXB wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:29 pm Certainly in my 2019 model there are two USB slots in the cubby. One provides power and connectivity the other connectivity only. Not sure why that’s the case but this may be the issue with yours.
Thanks Danger. But mine is a late 14 model so I just have the one USB in the cubby. It has just stopped working all of a sudden, I thought it may be a fuse or loose connection but keen to know if anyone has experienced something similar.
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

On the Britcar site you will find it under
T2H22664 - AUDIO INTERFACE SD CARD BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM - INFOTAINMENT HEAD UNIT LEVEL C - JAGUAR - F-TYPE -
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
ekers

Post by ekers »

CPBLondon wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:06 pm On the Britcar site you will find it under
T2H22664 - AUDIO INTERFACE SD CARD BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM - INFOTAINMENT HEAD UNIT LEVEL C - JAGUAR - F-TYPE -

Thank you CPB. Does the fascia just unclip from inside the cubby, dont want to force it too much!

Ekers
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

Yes there is a knack to it and someone at the end of the post told me how best to do it and how to unclip the cables. It was quite simple but a tip I would give is replace all the cables and TEST the USB and Satnav before clipping the interface back in so you know all cables are secure and working.
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

There are two clips at the top of the facia and I used a paint scraper just to pop it out
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !
ekers

Post by ekers »

CPBLondon wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 pm There are two clips at the top of the facia and I used a paint scraper just to pop it out
Great, mine seems to be a slightly different fascia:

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/ ... n___f_type

But should hopefully do the trick. Appreciate the advice and will keep you posted. Thank you.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post