Can’t see Nav maps

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DavidEJM

Post by DavidEJM »

I’ve just bought my f type (13 plate v8s) and the only problems seems to be the nav system has lost its maps.

The previous owner had Apple CarPlay installed and, since I have android phones, he agreed to remove it to return the nav function. This seemed to work fine on the way home but then the map went in the evening. The directions still seemed to work with the overlays etc but the screen behind was black where should have been a map.
Looked at it the next day and it was back to normal then it was gone again later.

I’m a ‘hands on’ car owner, so having it out to look at doesn’t worry me, but is there something I have missed which means a setting needs changing somewhere?

Thanks all.
2013 V8S convertible in Firesand with carbon blade wheels
Nicely run in back in 2013 by one Chris Harris, amongst others! :shock: :D :lol:

scm

Post by scm »

The first thing I'd do is fully charge the battery as low voltage can give rise to spurious faults cropping up. May not be the answer to your issue but at lest it'll eliminate that as a possible cause.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DavidEJM

Post by DavidEJM »

Is that the main vehicle battery or is there an auxiliary battery somewhere?
Nicely run in back in 2013 by one Chris Harris, amongst others! :shock: :D :lol:
scm

Post by scm »

If you charge the main battery it should also do the secondary one which is only used to support the stop./start function.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Gowdy34

Post by Gowdy34 »

Hi David did you find a solution to the sat nav issue, I have also bought a 2013 v8s just recently and I have the exact same problem.

Regards paul.
DavidEJM

Post by DavidEJM »

Gowdy34 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:52 pm Hi David did you find a solution to the sat nav issue, I have also bought a 2013 v8s just recently and I have the exact same problem.

Regards paul.
Sadly not, Paul, though I have to say I’m not really that worried at the moment and will likely install the Unique Auto CarPlay/Android Auto solution.

My research seems to suggest that it is as simple as a loose wire in the connector. I saw a forum post where someone had a similar problem with an XF, which was a loose wire in the connector block.

I have worked out that mine is fine when I don’t need/want it. If I’m putting the car in the garage, for example, it often chimes in! Weird.
Gowdy34

Post by Gowdy34 »

Thanks for the reply David I'll look into the carplay/Android solution myself what ever that is. 😁
DavidEJM

Post by DavidEJM »

Gowdy34 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:36 am Thanks for the reply David I'll look into the carplay/Android solution myself what ever that is. 😁
:D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post