Ubigi Sim Stopped Connecting to Internet

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I've searched the forum but can't find anything that relates. I've been driving around the Scottish Highlands for the last week and have had a great time on great roads and fabulous scenery. On Wednesday the navigation system came up with a warning that it was unable to establish an internet connection via the sim card. The monthly allowance had only just renewed but it still refuses to connect to the internet. I've got a strong 4G signal where I am now at home. I've removed and re-fitted the sim and I've disconnected the car battery to reset all the electronics but it has made no difference. I've tried to use the Ubigi App but it won't let me log in and suggest that I connect to the car wifi hotspot. I've turned on the hotspot and tried to connect but it asks for a password and I have never used the wifi hotspot before so no idea what that could be. I don't want to trek to the dealer for such an insignificant irritation but I would like to try and get it working again if possible, grateful for any ideas? I've still got 20 months of data with Ubigi so don't want to buy another Sim if I can help it.

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Update, having done nothing, it decided to connect today and is working fine! 🙄
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Grrr, how frustrating. Glad it's fixed though.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D