Troubles with data simcard and coverage.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I just returned with my son from a 2nd tour of the Alpine region, to drive the mountain passes closed with snow in may 2019.

I will get back with a thread on this with youtube links and photo's, but I need to dig through > 40hrs of dashcam footage,
and edit them to the standard of each countries legislation (mostly, no faces, no multiple or extended recordings of numberplates..).

But my question deals with the datasim. I got one (actually two, also for the D5), from 'keepgo.com' . The offer prepaid data with no expiry,
only an annual top-up, the cheapest a few euros only.

It works great in the Netherlands (keepgo is a global company), with 4G even.

We headed for the French Alps, and entring France from Luxembourg, I suddenly noticed there was no traffic info.
I just bought the 3yrs subscription and downloade/installed a recent map.

So I contacted keepgo, who where clue-less about infotainment of JLR, slightly worse then JLR dealers even.. :mrgreen:

They did give me an APN to use for manual input. Sadly that did not work. We tried almost every day in France, Italy, Switzerland and Austria.

No luck.

Also the routeplanner persisted my car was just south of Luxembourg, but Incontrol registered the routes covered correctly :?: :?: :?:

Suddenly, set on auto, it burst into life near Pforzheim, Germany. Near the breeding grounds of Porches, so maybe the F-Type felt ashamed... 8-)

Infotainment :

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 17.22.07.jpeg

About 450m befor this turnoff :

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 17.22.37.jpeg

The next morning, only 14km away from this revival : cold stone dead again.. ... blinking 3 dots, or "slashed" G.

So I drove until we switched and my son took the wheel. I decided to continue to search for an answer.

I tried the manual APN entry :

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 13.24.01.jpeg

So it got connected, but only 2G. Strange enough it was on the vodafone.de network ( I took the photos in an other sequence, this way the story is more comprehensible);

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 13.01.09.jpeg

Without changing the settings, int switched to "KPN NL 4G" when we entered the Netherlands a few minutes later :

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 13.01.09.jpeg

Now in the process of connecting in France and Italy, I repeatedly saw "simcard not suitable" . So I suspect there is no link to a provider there.

Anybody know more about these issues ?

You will notice I put the limit on, with an idiotic high maximum. That is related to an earlier issue with the infotainment.

Is this Jaguar/Incontrol or simcard/keepgo related, or both ?

My son in law had issues with his phone in the US and NZ, it seems there are multiple bands for 3G/4G depending on the country and provider.

As far as I know are infotainment and connectivity updated, asking for an update it says "no newer version available";

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-06 at 10.13.13 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-06 at 10.13.13.jpeg

Please advise.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post