Mechanical advice please?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
r7410

Post by r7410 »

Hi Guys,

Looking at purchasing a 2014 reg V6 S Convertible:
It's a 2014 V6S with 52k on the clock.

Recently had all coolant pipes, pump and thermostat changed, Plus 6 new injectors.
Oil, diff oil, gearbox oil and filters changed two months ago.

Maintenance all between March and June 21
6 new injectors
3 coolant pipes (including Y pipe under supercharger), water pump and thermostat housing
Engine oil and filter change
Gearbox oil and kit change
LSD oil change
Rear and front sub frames undercoated with sealant
Air filters change
Dynamat doors for sound quality
New battery

Spec
380bhp S
19 inch propeller Gloss black wheels
Graphite Grey

Is this fairly normal maintenance or is it something to worry about?

scm

Post by scm »

The coolant pipes were a known weal point on the early models, injectors have been problematic for some people but may be mitigated against by running injector cleaner through the fuel periodically. The other stuff is routine maintenance which you'd expect with any car. The battery would likely need changing after 6 or 7 years, depending on how it's been used. And your subframes have been done so you won't have to worry about them!

So it sounds like they were doing a major bit of catch-up, rather than annual maintenance, sounds good.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

What's the reg and ill see if I find anything out of sorts.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
r7410

Post by r7410 »

VO14XKC

Appreciate the help.

Anything to look out for upon inspection?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 4,335

VA/VE/VO plates would normally be press cars however I cannot see anything online for it.
The car was made September 2013 but then PDI by Leeds dealer in October 2013 (press cars are PDI at Jaguar factory) so I think it was supposed to be a press car but ended up at a dealer. The car then sat until 28th March 2014 until being registered with DVSA and Jaguar so might of been a showroom car for example.

Service history is here - https://osh.jaguar.com
You'll need the VIN which is SAJAC65B4E8K04335
There is nothing recorded since 2018 though so presume you have paperwork for the work you listed. You can get Jaguar Customer Relations to add missing service history online if required.

MOT history shows the coolant issue was apparent in March 2019, had some re-occurring headlight issues so double check they work and a restraint system warning that seemed to take a while to fix but it was through COVID lockdown 1.0 hence the delay.

VRN and chassis number clear on Police National Computer

So I guess someone was getting it back to a quality standard/state and fixing and servicing it properly but now for sale? I would question why someone would spend so much sorting it out to then sell it but I see no red markers if it has all been done properly. Or course run a full history check before purchasing if its a private sale.

As for checks. There are loads of posts on here if you search but check roof goes up and down multiple times, check everything electrical works (headlights as its failed two MOT), rear number plate lights etc. Usually sub-frame but thats been done. Tyres and brakes etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post