P0062 Code

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Afternoon all.

Used my new diagnostic tool to read the error code which is P0062 H02S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 3.

Firstly, is it ok to drive? I've reset the code for now.

If I've researched correctly, bank 2 means the left side of the car and bank 3 is the furthest rear sensor?

Does anyone have the Bosch part number? Is it located on the mid cats? DIY job with the right sensor tool?

Thanks in advance.

G

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scz4 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:39 pm Afternoon all.

Used my new diagnostic tool to read the error code which is P0062 H02S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 3.

Firstly, is it ok to drive? I've reset the code for now.

If I've researched correctly, bank 2 means the left side of the car and bank 3 is the furthest rear sensor?

Does anyone have the Bosch part number? Is it located on the mid cats? DIY job with the right sensor tool?

Thanks in advance.

G
Can’t help with part number but the post-cat sensor is further back:

ED9D9519-9595-48AB-93A7-CDA1F690CFAF.jpeg

Edit. Bank 2 is left side as you say. My pic is for the RWD system, AWD is similar.
scm

Post by scm »

Do check that your diagnostic tool hasn't setup a module drain - make sure the light in the hazard switch goes out within about 10 minutes of turning off and locking the car.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Good tip thanks, had read about this happening, but wasn't aware the warning triangle was an indicator. Was going disconnect the battery for 10 mins, but all good thanks, went off after a few mins. Car also sits on a trickle charger when not used.
scm

Post by scm »

scz4 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:25 pmCar also sits on a trickle charger when not used.
People have reported that a CTEK can't overcome the OBD-triggered drain. Folks in the US get the issue regularly when they have their smog tests, sounds like your device is a good 'un!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post