Headliight beam falling short

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

Hammers wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:40 pm... I did believe I saw the lights move when I turned as opposed to just going straight out, is that the case?
I had that on my previous XKR but I'm not sure if they're available on the F-Type. My XKR also had cornering lights (and done properly, not bodged on like VW) but, again, I don't think they're available on the F-Type.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Just had a read of the manual, you are right, just my imagination perhaps (or old age :D) - did read about the Adaptive system, how does it know if I am on a Motorway or Country Driving?
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

Seems to deduce it from the speed:

Country mode: A standard headlight beam that operates at vehicle speeds between 48 and 110 km/h (30 to 70 mph).
City mode: A wider headlight beam that operates at vehicle speeds up to 48 km/h (30 mph).
Motorway mode: A raised headlight beam that operates at vehicle speeds above 110 km/h (70 mph).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Pta_stotty

Post by Pta_stotty »

Hi, new here so not sure of the etiquette.
Re. my
2016 MY2017 F type S AWD (6 cyl.)
So l hit a kangaroo ... and yes, l do live in Australia.
Smashed every mounting point on the passenger side headlight and cracked the plastic front section. The actual light was ok and still worked!
After the headlight was replaced they no longer do the initial startup routine ie. Left/Right Up/Down ... these are the ASF/Auto leveling units and this little start up dance l assume is a calibration or self test function.
The car has been to 2 JLR dealers and both have performed the self leveling calibration routine via JLR scan tool and software and only the left/right test is performed not the up down
I have checked the height sensors on the suspension front and back and also the fuses.
The JLR dealer is making enquires ... what ever that means.
Wondering if any one else has had a similar problem and could enlighten me?
Cheers Pta

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post