Dead battery issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Geoff805

Post by Geoff805 »

Thanks @Beltupandholdon.. No the battery was replaced with OEM battery only 7 months ago.. it has to be something else given that it was literally fine one minute and then completely dead the next..!

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Geoff805 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm I finally found the problem causing all or my issues... Leaks into the boot and blocked drain plugs have over time allowed the water to damage and corrode the Battery Terminal Fuse box
Geoff805 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:31 pm I found the leak, but in the end had to replace the Battery Terminal Fuse Box which being at the bottom of the boot well was very corroded.

As you’ve already replaced the fuse box on the boot floor which was heavily corroded and damaged due to water leaks, when you eventually get the boot open, check the battery negative earth connection on the boot floor (indicated by the black arrow in the attached pic) to ensure it’s tight. If so, slightly loosen it and give the cable a little wiggle then retighten it, as this will help to remove any corrosion and make a good contact. This has been the cause of some electrical gremlins on other F-Types.

1.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views