Dead battery issue

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

Did you get the boot open, then? I vaguely recall someone posting that there were terminals accessible from under the boot floor.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Geoff805

Post by Geoff805 »

Many thanks for all the help guys this forum really is a god send.. Quick update I found the leak, but in the end had to replace the Battery Terminal Fuse Box which being at the bottom of the boot well was very corroded.. That said when I connected everything up and re connected the battery. everything worked perfectly.. except for the central locking.. The car starts fine with the remote key fob but it won't lock or unlock the doors... I looked the Keyless entry module fuse which is intact and also tried the (disconnect battery / reconnect battery) thing again, but again everything works except for the central licking.. Does anyone have any thoughts on the problem
Geoff805

Post by Geoff805 »

Hi again

Yes I did .. charger to the terminals in the engine bay worked..:)

Thanks
Geoff
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Geoff805 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:31 pm everything works except for the central licking.. Does anyone have any thoughts on the problem
There's some threads on JaguarForums with 2013 XF owners having exactly the same issue after replacing the battery. It looks like the solution was to reset the battery using diagnostics. Although one person kept the lock button pressed in the car and the starter button flashed and central locking started working.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Better to replace like for like but sure it can be reset without using diagnostics
Deleted User 3572

on further research i was correct . Bms resets its self after a couple of days use , hope this helps
Geoff805

Post by Geoff805 »

So something strange happened today and I wonder if any of you have advice..

Drove the car to the shops as normal and the car worked fine, fully charged battery, electric windows roof, etc all perfect. I parked up on the drive and unpacked the car and then went to lock it with the key but nothing, I also noticed the windows didn't go back up after closing the door. On closer inspection the electrics were completely dead, locks. windows, radio, ignition, even the interior lights were off.. Tried to open the boot to check the battery terminals but without poser I couldn't even get in. I connected jumper cables to the terminal in the engine bay to apply some power to the locks but when connected all I get is a clicking sound once a second with the lights flickering in time with the clicks.. Anyone come across this or have any other ideas how I can get into the boot to check out the battery terminals.. So many electrical issues in the last year, Im beginning to wonder about this car.. Love the F Type but getting worried about so many Gremilns in mine..

Thanks Everyone
Geoff
Deleted User 3572

Time to replace it Geoff , go on to Tanya battery's buy a 017 AGM one and make sure you fully charge it before installing
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Geoff, Have you checked the Battery cable chassis point in the drivers front wheel well, it's prone to corrosion.

This is mine in the plastic box at only a few 1000 miles!

WheelWellElectricalConnector2.jpg

Whee;WellElectricalConnector.jpg

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Geoff805

Post by Geoff805 »

Thanks Phil.. Hadn't heard about this issue but will check it out once the rain stops..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post