How to update maps when....

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Hi Guys, I find myself in a dilemma, the car info states new map available and I know this can’t be done over the air.However I don’t have a main computer at home and we use mini I-pads for our communications etc. They have no USB port for a memory stick, has anyone got any suggestions to get around this? Thanks in advance for any anticipated ideas :shock:
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE

PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Put a USB stick in your iPad, you will need an adapter

Or don't bother, not that many roads change ..
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

The maps can only be downloaded with a desktop/laptop computer running windows or Apple iOS. You either need to buy a computer or ask a friend with one to allow you to use theirs. (or don’t bother with Jaguar maps and use CarPlay/Android Auto for gps navigation, or a paper map)
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Go to a library where you can rent a PC for half an hour
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Thanks for your advice 👍, I’ll have a go with google maps through Apple car play👌👍
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Keith666 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:30 am Thanks for your advice 👍, I’ll have a go with google maps through Apple car play👌👍
Just for info, on my MY20 there is some latency on the car icon location on the map when using CarPlay/googlemaps so a road junction that shows as slightly ahead of you on the map can actually be slightly behind you in real life! This has lead to a couple of missed turns by me but I’m used to it now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post