R Dynamic Badge gone

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:07 pm I doubt that the R-Dynamic badge fell off on its own from a MY21 car......some critter probably added it to their collection!
20 years ago some low-life scumbag took "souvenirs" from every car in the road where I lived.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

A two second job for the lowlife causes considerable hassle for the vehicle owner.....shame they don’t get caught more often!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

It used to be a pretty common thing to do back when I was a kid. Not that I did it my dad would have killed me, but kids used to take some pride in collecting car badges especially rarer ones than Ford etc. sad to see it still happening.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

VW badges were prized back then. I've heard people superglued scalpel blades behind their badges.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My dad had his vw front badge stolen back in the day.
Was it the Beastie Boys who used to wear car badges around there necks on chains that started it??
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 am Was it the Beastie Boys who used to wear car badges around there necks on chains that started it??
Yep.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Mine disappeared too back around April. I suspect taken off rather than fallen off.

I got a replacement from one of the "Jag Parts" type stores online but have yet to actually fit it. I do prefer the blank look aside from the plinth which is visible when closer and apparently requires extensive disassembly of the front-end.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post