Losing preset radio stations memory

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

NavigatorNI wrote: โ†‘Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:56 pm I'll try the battery disconnect as the car has been serviced recently. However, as the red Hazzard light goes off after the car is locked, I thought that the problem of something disconnected from the OBD port incorrectly probably wasn't an issue.
Depending on what software upgrades were carried out at the service, the media system may have been fully or partial reset to its factory settings, losing all or most of its previous memory, had that on my 1st XE on one occasion post service. lost all presets, but maintained sound position and bass/Treble settings
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.

scm

Post by scm »

bob_mcn wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:34 am Depending on what software upgrades were carried out at the service, the media system may have been fully or partial reset to its factory settings ...
That's a good point, when I had software updates applied all my configurable Dynamic Mode settings were reset to Normal (not even to the default factory settings!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@NavigatorNI: This link contains some information that you may find helpful.......
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4506#p44441
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Cats

Post by Cats »

Well I've had my F Type 6 months to the day with not a single issue so very happy and impressed. Put the radio on and I've lost all my station memory on FM. Reception is not and never has been brilliant on DAB but hasn't bothered me too much but memory not lost on DAB. Weird as I was only reading this post the other day. Demons at work ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™„
Rhodium Silver F Type SVR Coupe 2016 now gone sadly
Ultra Blue F Pace SVR 2022