FTYPE SVR - Need some advice on exhaust

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
mrscene

Post by mrscene »

Hi all,

I am a F-Type SVR 2019 owner here in New Zealand. One of the pitfalls of this year model is it was subject to the OPF filter and tweaks to the muffler to make it a compliant. I wanted to know how do I go about finding a catalytic convertor from a 2017 model to replace it with one that does not have the OPF filter. Any thoughts or suggestion on this idea, and secondly where can I buy this parts from? Also How do I upload a picture of my car here?

BTW I contacted Jaguar about the quite exhaust and this was their official response;

" We have looked into your concern regarding the exhaust notes and these are our findings below.
In July 2018, the EU6D regulations required Jaguar Land Rover to make certain changes to the way we built our vehicles in order to comply with the noise emission legislations.
As part of these requirements, a new catalytic converter, gasoline particulate filter and muffler designs were designed by Jaguar Land Rover to meet these requirements.
The F Type that you have purchased was built in September 2018, after this regulation was passed, and therefore is required to comply with the rulings.
This explains why the exhaust notes you have on your vehicle differ from that of your friend's, which as you have pointed out, was built prior to this legislation.

Much as we would like to assist you, this change is mandatory and not something that our New Zealand team or even us as a manufacturer can avoid.
You can be assured that this is not an issue with your vehicle. I do recognize that this may not have been the answer that you were looking for but I hope that it will at least give you a transparent explanation as to why the exhaust notes differs from that of your friend's. I hope that you will still be able to enjoy your vehicle.

Should you have any further enquiries or concerns, please feel free to reach out to your authorised retailer and they will do their best to assist you. "

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I've met a couple of people who have replaced cats with earlier versions. It's also discussed quite a bit more in the US forums where mods are more commonplace. Unfortunately ,the instagram post that listed the part numbers appears to have been deleted.

There's some discussion on the US forum over monitored/non-monitored pressures depending on VIN. Another consideration is preventing ECU updates at service time, in case there's a risk of new installed parameters throwing errors.

Warranty would be toast, obviously. You'd need to provide the VIN from a car of the appropriate age for a Jaguar dealer to supply the parts (visible in the windscreen if you can find a suitable parked up car).
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I'm not sure you need to worry about the monitoring of the later exhaust systems as the bank back-pressure sensors are connected to the manifold. They purely monitor back-pressure within the exhaust and enable active GPF regeneration when over a preset level, then activate the amber and red warnings at other preset levels. If you don't have the GPF then it won't detect an increase in back-pressure. Diagram below shows location of the two back pressure sensors on the V8 (V6 sensors in same place). Items 1 and 12 are the back pressure sensors which are connected to the exhaust manifold with a pipe (also has a hose that vents to atmosphere), 4 and 9 are the GPFs, 3 and 10 are the cats.

ExSensors.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post