Windscreen washer front water tank

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Darren P wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:28 pm I had thought about phoning Ashley Nickells. My challenge it’s a 3 plus hour round trip. So loose best part of a day dropping car off and picking back up. I will call them and see if they will pick the bill up for a local garage to me to repair. If they won’t I will probably go to independent locally. Not made of money but very time short☹️

It was a heck of a way to the dealership where I bought my own car so I see what you mean about the distance and time.

Hope Ashley Nickells are obliging and it works out to your satisfaction.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Darren P

Post by Darren P »

RPSN wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:53 am
Darren P wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:28 pm I had thought about phoning Ashley Nickells. My challenge it’s a 3 plus hour round trip. So loose best part of a day dropping car off and picking back up. I will call them and see if they will pick the bill up for a local garage to me to repair. If they won’t I will probably go to independent locally. Not made of money but very time short☹️

It was a heck of a way to the dealership where I bought my own car so I see what you mean about the distance and time.

Hope Ashley Nickells are obliging and it works out to your satisfaction.
Hi I spoke to Lara at Ashley Nickells and more than willing to fix but I need to take car over there. I will probably take to a local independent over come weeks. When I know fault I will update. Thanks for all your help.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace
Pjdow

Post by Pjdow »

Did this get fixed. I have the same problem with mine?
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Not yet parking car on drive with front higher than back and it doesn’t leak.

I need to get around to booking car in to Jaguar Maidstone. You have just given me the nudge to do it today.
2020 I Pace
Pjdow

Post by Pjdow »

That is my current solution too!

Thanks for the reply
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Hi finally got windscreen washer leak fixed. It appears system was full of gunk probably mixed screen wash residue seems to have affect the levels between the front and back tank. Both tanks cleaned out and pipe work. Also replaced screen washer pump and non return valve near wiper blade.
2020 I Pace
scm

Post by scm »

Good news, now you can get on and enjoy the car!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Now a quick update. The items I detail previously didn’t cure the leak when parked with the nose lower.

There is a non return valve on the exit of the rear tank that stops fluid running back from the front tank to the rear and it also needs the pump pressure to overcome the valve rear to front. My valve has jammed open and is not stopping flow either way.
2020 I Pace
HappyFreeSingle

Post by HappyFreeSingle »

Philskill wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 pm
It's a guess but, If it were me I'd try the easier job of replacing the Non Return Valve on the rear washer tank. (item 7)

This valve will be designed to stop water returning to the rear tank, but it may need pressure from the pumped flow to open the valve, So may stop transfer of water under non pumped situations. Yours may be stuck open?

rear washer Tank.PNG
Thanks for this ! I was having the same problem. After I drove my car and it sat for a while, the front tank would keep filling until it came out of the vent, running the system dry after a few weeks. I thought it was the front level sensor, but after checking it manually and then w/ ohm meter, that wasn't the problem. The rear one way valve was stuck open. I put pressure on it both ways and believe I got it working again, but also routed a small clear hose from vent hole on front tank up to engine compartment. Now I can see if it does it again, and also can use vacuum or pressure on that hose to manipulate the rear valve again if needed. Thanks everyone, this was really perplexing but i'm happy to know what it is, or hopefully was. It's a $10 valve T2R7587 but hell to get to it, so I am going to see if this works, I'll update if needed. I love this forum. I have a 2014 V6-S since new, I'm retired and only drive 800mi p/yr. She's a garage kitty and I still love it.
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Valve is definitely the fix. Had mine changed and it now not leaked in last 2 months 😀
2020 I Pace

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post