Is this normal

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:31 pm I never found the cornering lights to be particularly useful on my previous XKR, although they were done properly, not like the abomination you see on VW cars. Mine were built into the headlights and only came on when the lights were on (i.e. when it was actually dark!) and didn't look like I needed half my front fog lights on in sunny conditions to help me see the corner into which I was turning. Now that's a dumb, cost-saving way - German under-engineering?

Perhaps these guys had some influence over the engineering department :lol:

1.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:01 pm Perhaps these guys had some influence over the engineering department :lol:
Nah, they were over-qualified! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

.......:lol:
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

So my reading of the above is that perhaps some of the early LED lights did not have the adaptive feature described by RPSN which altered the throw of the lights depending on speed and driving conditions. And that both mine and SCM's fit into that category.

My car is still parked up sulking about the lack of fuel, but I know that it's headlight beams do not throw further when on the motorway because that is where I first noticed the problem I was having. I wish they did though and I can see why Jaguar might have brought in the adaptive feature soon after.

I'll report back when I get to drive at night on the motorwayt. As I say, I think my issue is resolved as far as it is going to be, both by the dealer adjusting the beams and also me removing a thin fog like film had collected on the inside of the windscreen which didn't know it was there till I wiped and which was generally not aiding vision.