Spoiler deployment at lower speed?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
CPBLondon

Post by CPBLondon »

This is my second F Type S 2016 coupe - on the first car the rear spoiler deployed as usual @ 70mph.
On my second vehicle the spoiler button will deploy the spoiler at any speed whilst driving - is this something I missed on my first car. I was watching Skrrt on YouTube when he talked about his F Type and how he wished he could deploy the spoiler at will. Was this a mod you could order when you bought the car - has my car been adapted? Is it a defect? Or was this something that came to me in a dream?? If there is a way to deploy at will then would be interesting for other owners who would like that option. Discuss......
F Type S 380
Polaris White
Red interior/pan roof
Black pack
drive the dream !

scm

Post by scm »

CPBLondon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:55 pmOn my second vehicle the spoiler button will deploy the spoiler at any speed whilst driving - is this something I missed on my first car. I was watching Skrrt on YouTube when he talked about his F Type and how he wished he could deploy the spoiler at will. Was this a mod you could order when you bought the car - has my car been adapted? Is it a defect? Or was this something that came to me in a dream?? If there is a way to deploy at will then would be interesting for other owners who would like that option. Discuss......
Yeah, you missed it. And the YouTuber is presumably American, for whom that feature isn't available. Lots of posts on the US forum moaning about how lucky the Brits are - Americans can only elevate the spoiler for maintenance when stationary.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

In Oz the spoiler comes up around 100kmh but like UK we can use the press button option at any speed.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
scm

Post by scm »

The spoiler is configured in the coupe to raise at 70mph and lower at 50mph, while the convertible raises at 60mph and lowers at 40mph.

Maybe the "any speed activation button" is only on RHD cars. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Mine raises at 74mph and lowers at 54mph.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

You're speedo is probably reading 4 mph over 😀
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

As GARETH. Up at 74, down about 53 🤷‍♂️
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

If you creep up on 74 mine raises at 74, but put your foot down and it seems to raise more quickly.

But then, put your foot down and 74 is reached all too easily!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

The Deployable Rear Spoiler on the Coupe is configured to automatically raise when the vehicle reaches a speed of 70 mph and it will lower if the vehicle's speed is below 50 mph.

Even so, I’ve also noticed that mine is a few mph above this.

Perhaps the speedo is showing slightly higher than the true speed (which isn’t a bad thing)?
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Speedos are normally set ~ 4% high. although you'd think the spoiler would be using the same speed signal that the ECU produces.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post