Convertible Roof Fault

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Assuming you have an AGM batery, fully charged voltage should be 12.8V. Drops to 12.6V at 75% and 12.3V at 50%.
I also assume that you have charged the battery to see if it will attain higher voltage.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG

ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:16 pm Tanya battery s , put in your reg no , AGM battery 3 year warranty £135 next day delivery , Charge it up over nite before installing , very easy to do . No radio code required or immobiliser problems , worth a try if not next step an Indy or dealer , Have you checked if any jaguar Indus near you
Thanks for the advice. I have ordered. Hopefully be here Tuesday as it was ordered late today. There are a couple in and around Birmingham who claim to be Jaguar experts....but roof experts I aint so sure, I would need to call them but will install the battery first and see what happens.
2013 V6S Carbon Pack ;)
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

CJSJAG wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:55 pm Assuming you have an AGM batery, fully charged voltage should be 12.8V. Drops to 12.6V at 75% and 12.3V at 50%.
I also assume that you have charged the battery to see if it will attain higher voltage.
I have just ordered AGM battery. I believe my battery is the original as it still has Jaguar label on it from 2013. So rather than mess about charging that I just ordered a new one.
2013 V6S Carbon Pack ;)
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Good , mind and charge the new battery before the install , let us know how things are
scm

Post by scm »

And don't close the boot without a battery installed! :lol:
Stick a rug over the latching mechanism ... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

UPDATE!

Installed the new battery after work today....AND WE HAD LIFT OFF!

Can't thank you enough guys for the information and advice.

Radio all works both key fobs work. Everything seems okay.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.
2013 V6S Carbon Pack ;)
scm

Post by scm »

Glad you got it sorted. I bet if you'd got a garage to check the battery they'd have given it a clean bill of health - I've had that with a previous Jaguar and a new battery solved all its woes, too! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Great news , thanks for letting us know it helps others
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Still on my original battery for my 14 plate V8R, just have to put it on a battery charger every now and again.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

Hi all,

Bad update. Roof has stopped functioning again. Can't be the battery this time I've been using the car every other day and today I've done a 1 hour round trip.

The car also smells like dampness written eggs inside. I can't find any damp patches the boot space is dry as a bone.

I give up. Think I'm just going to sell up. Had nothing but problems ever since I got this car.
2013 V6S Carbon Pack ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post