What's this ?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Tel

Post by Tel »

When I push the 'Missile' button, this flap opens up!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

It remains a mystery to me why this cover is stuck out as it it and why it won't budge either in or out.

I have had the car since about April and never noticed this when washing the car myself so it seems a new thing.

But there is no sign of collision or other impact.

Does anybody know if part of the MOT involves checking these towing points...I am wondering if the dealer went in there (in July) and then bodged the refitting of the cover ??
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Should not be removed for the MOT. Only other thought is hot sunlight maybe caused it to pop, but seems really unlikely.

You have 2 options: try to pull it out fully and reseat it again, or keep trying to work it in. You may even find a hairdryer helps to warm up the plastic beforehand.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Philskill wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:40 pm Should not be removed for the MOT. Only other thought is hot sunlight maybe caused it to pop, but seems really unlikely.

You have 2 options: try to pull it out fully and reseat it again, or keep trying to work it in. You may even find a hairdryer helps to warm up the plastic beforehand.
Phil, ..problem is I have no clue how this cover is meant to come out 'properly' so could easily exert pressure in the wrong way.

Assuming yours is fitted correctly...if you wanted to pop it out would you push at the top of it, the bottom of it, slide it ?

...or no idea !
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Looking at your pic I would push with my thumb on the protruding top corner slightly downwards as you need to get the edge thats catching on the bumper back into the hole.

Yes mine is fitted correctly, and no i'm not going to try to remove it!!!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

toeeyecover.PNG

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It's the cover for the rear towing eye, which is only used to secure the car on the delivery transport. Here's some pictures of the item if it helps

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-F-TYP ... 4680736875
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Philskill wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:02 pm Looking at your pic I would push with my thumb on the protruding top corner slightly downwards as you need to get the edge thats catching on the bumper back into the hole.

Yes mine is fitted correctly, and no i'm not going to try to remove it!!!

....do you mean in order to push it on...or do you mean to pull it off and start again ?

I'm finding it quite difficult here to get across that I have no clue which way is on or off for this cover !
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

If you click through the pictures on eBay - via the link above - you will see the back of the square which I think will make it easier to understand how it fits.

It looks as if the top needs to be fitted first then the bottom clicks in to hold it in place, I think I would try to see it from the back to understand what way round it is.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/uDIAAOSw ... s-l300.jpg
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I'm sure if you ran a credit card or other plastic trim tool down the right hand side, the thing will pop out, then you can see how to fit it and if it's damaged.

As Top Cat says it may need to have the top inserted first then push onto the 2 clips at the bottom, which is why you cant get it to go back in from the top.