V6 Exhaust valve siezed - now free!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Are these valves sticking because of the external mechanism, or sticking from build-up inside the exhaust?
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

As Jaguar has updated the rear exhaust parts to prevent the exhaust valves failure (parts now include a 'graphite collar' and 'bullet spindle'), I’d think the valves on those cars affected are seizing or partially seizing due to a carbon build-up inside the exhaust. The external mechanism is not helped by the fact it doesn’t move when the valves aren’t opening and closing.

Here’s a good example (not mine)......

1.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks RPSN, Sounds like it was the 2 hinge points then effectively, graphite collars effectively lubricating the spindle and allowing for some expansion and movement.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Yep, the hinge points (exhaust valve spindle shaft and bush contact area) are the cause of the problem so the parts were updated to include a 'graphite collar' and 'bullet spindle' which aid with lubrication and movement of the valves.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post