Some noise at driver's door towards window, normal?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Hellome1

Post by Hellome1 »

Hi friends, I am still in love with my car again, I just find it a bit of a shame that some things inside are not optimally finished. (F Type V6 2015 Coupe)

For some time now, I've been noticing a kind of rattling directly behind my ear towards the window sometimes while I'm accelerating a bit more or the ground is quite uneven. I'm not sure if this is normal or if something has become loose. It's like a gentle rattle, does anyone know?

I have attached a video about it.

Someone I know drove it once and didn't hear anything at all, maybe it is normal. But before I go to the dealer unnecessarily, do you have any ideas?

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... 5.mp4.html

Thanks in advance

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I'm a bit deaf, can't hear it on your video. I had a light rattle that I found when I changed the door speakers. One of the cables was loose, not in its clip, knocked against the door panel. Maybe...
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Hellome1

Post by Hellome1 »

Hello, thank you for your answer. It can't possibly be the speaker. You hear a slight dribble in the background, maybe someone else can identify it? It is also not audible when the window is open.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I can't hear anything in your video but I have something similar. When I accelerate hard I get like a buzzing vibration around the B pillar. I don't get it if I drop the window a little bit though so I think it's something going on where the window meets the B pillar or rubber seal. Haven't really bothered investigating it further yet but might ask my dealer to take a look at it. Did you search over at the US forum? Could be that there's some talk about it over there.

Wo in Deutschland bist du übrigens? Ich bin in der nähe von Rheinland-Pfalz und habe meinen F-Type beim JLR-händler in Trier gekauft.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Hellome1

Post by Hellome1 »

Good evening,

why is not possible here directly in the forum to post videos? Because I have another one where you can possibly hear it. I suppose it could be a normal wobble noise that occurs naturally while driving and is unavoidable, but I can't confirm that exactly.

I am unfortunately not registered in Us Forum. About your problem: I think I also had it or sometimes still have it, it came from the middle, the leather area of the armrest, maybe there times press on it if the noise occurs again.

Nice! Ich komme aus dem Saarland, habe mein Auto aber privat gekauft. Die Farbe deines Modells ist ein Traum, leider viel zu selten und war bei mir zu dem Zeitpunkt nicht greifbar. Wenn du mal in der Gegend bist, sag Bescheid :D
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I think it's pretty common that you can't upload entire videos to forums, probably mainly due to server space restrictions. You could also try uploading it to youtube.

You don't have to be registered to look around in the US forum. No offence to this forum, but there's much more information over on that forum since there are so many more members. I guess most of us on here also have accounts on the US forum. I sometimes look around in the main German Jag forum too but when it comes to F-Types this one and the US one seem best.

Cool, since I'm in Luxembourg Saarland is really close too. We should organise some little regional F-Type meetup one day if we could get hold of some more F-Type owners around here. :) And thanks, agree about the colour combo which I also think is amazing. There's loads of F-Types on the German market but as you say this spec is extremely rare so when this car popped up after scanning the German market for months I knew it was meant for me. One of many shots taken along the Route Napoleon in late September this year :)...

P1070600_f.jpg

Unless you already have, you should also post some pics of your car.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Hellome1

Post by Hellome1 »

Too bad, I uploaded the other video here: https://we.tl/t-0Decjo9xc6

Is this rattling perhaps normal due to the transfer of energy from the ground to the car? But it seems a little too loud to me and definitely coming from around the window Are, maybe outside maybe inside!

I had but an account there and also asked there, but so far only a not very helpful answer unfortunately

Great :D I've been planning such a meeting for a few months, but have so far unfortunately only met one other person from the Saarland, do you know any? Maybe we make a group or something!

I love this color; but mine dark saphir is also very beautiful and Exceptional. A bit hard to see in this pics. So far no F Type in the color seen on the road, that was important to me! :D

18BF1648-37F5-420D-B8C7-99569DE7E553.jpeg

66752FC6-78F0-496B-92A5-C699F76B5AB6.jpeg

6701755A-3F74-43A6-969E-2D51AC540236.jpeg

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Hmm, no more ideas about that rattle I'm afraid.

Over the years I've been surprised that there's no local Jag group over at FB. Reminds me that I probably should start one. There are two convertible F-Types in my neighbourhood but unfortunately I don't know any other local owners yet.

Dark sapphire is a great colour too - great looking car! I'm pretty sure that one of the cars in my hood is dark sapphire too. Really pops in the sunshine, kind of like the BRG does.
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

MajorTom wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:49 pm

Over the years I've been surprised that there's no local Jag group over at FB. Reminds me that I probably should start one. There are two convertible F-Types in my neighbourhood but unfortunately I don't know any other local owners yet.
OP I have no idea about the rattle either.

MT there is a FB group for Benelux

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1100088 ... ?ref=share
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Cheers NCE. Yeah I saw that group but it seems pretty much focused on Flanders and the Netherlands which is all pretty far from Lux while I'm looking for one for Lux and surrounding areas like Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland in Germany + Lorraine in France + Wallonie in Belgium. Nice colour on your F-Type btw. ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post