Any help re rear diff?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Kat1ej27 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:22 am It's an F-Type V6 S AWD auto.

Every service to date has been by JLR under service plan.

I can't see any diff oil change on the service history.

V frustrating as the car is now off the road with absolutely no time frame for a solution.
The car should of had a rear diff oil change at 4yrs old. It will be very obvious if it has or not by the quality of the oil that comes out now.

Firstly open a case with the dealer with the after sales manager.

Secondly open a case with Jaguar Customer Relations. Explain that Jaguar have failed to keep to the maintenance schedule of the component for the service you paid for resulting in premature wear and put the emphasis on them to prove otherwise. With a well worded letter you should get a loan car and usually 90% of the cost paid for if not 100%.

It all depends how you approach the situation and terminology and words used. Friendly but harsh assessments showing failure tend to work best.

For example I had both lower control arms changed for free at 4+ years old because one was worn and appeared as an advisory on the MOT. My discussions were around quality of components on a 80k 174mph vehicle after just 32k miles and invited them to inspect it. Parts magically appeared and they covered 100% of the cost plus 4 wheel alignment and loan cars within 2 weeks.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

Fez

Post by Fez »

Apologies not been here for a while, however if you look back over some of my old posts you will find a break down of cost for changing diff oils. Diff oils need to be change every 4 yrs. If 4 wheel drive the front diff can go out to 8 but that's just stupid.. change every 4 yrs and keep fingers crossed as it a know weak part...
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post