MY 21 trim issues/ sealing problem

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
firstgencunarder

Post by firstgencunarder »

Dear all,
I always have some issues with my brand new car :o .
I am sure you can provide some input.

The passenger door trim was loose from the beginning. It was changed today but now I have some issue with the rubber sealing. Is the small glass to be disassembled when changing the trim?
Why is my rubber sealing looking so strange? What can I do?
Why ist the sealing under the trim 4mm more than on the other side?
Please see some pictures. Any advice is highly appreciated.
Thank you very much

910968E7-73DC-49D4-BD96-714EA87B7E01.jpeg

3B8C3C1E-EF7D-42C8-8757-9F2D9B3C9F8E.jpeg

2B229BDF-2E62-4327-8D7F-DBCEDE4C25D5.jpeg

Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Given that it appears you have some trim missing, I'd be going back to the dealer right away.

I think this is now at least the 5th report (might even be 6th, I'm losing count) of loose trim on the passenger-side rear glass - mine was also loose within a month of getting my car.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
firstgencunarder

Thank you, i disassembled it since the sealing has no proper fit. How is yours looking? How do they fix it? I am curious if they removed the window…
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Honestly, I don't know what they did with mine. I took it in with the external trim coming away from the window, they presumably replaced it and I picked the car up again. I do have the problem of the small leak, and have been keeping an eye on another member's reports as they have had their car in to have that problem supposedly resolved.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
firstgencunarder

Any feedback from others? How is the external trim going to be removed? Do they need to replace the small window?
Fez

Post by Fez »

The issues of the small side windows has been on going for years, if poorly fitted will whistle at speeds over 50mph. The window needs to be pulled in tight against seals. There are old posts on here about the problem, if MY21 take it back and get Jaguar to sort!! If you think it wrong look at others in the showroom or on forecourt point out differences and take photos... They will put right if wrong..
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Fez wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:19 pm The issues of the small side windows has been on going for years, if poorly fitted will whistle at speeds over 50mph. The window needs to be pulled in tight against seals. There are old posts on here about the problem, if MY21 take it back and get Jaguar to sort!! If you think it wrong look at others in the showroom or on forecourt point out differences and take photos... They will put right if wrong..
Interesting. The first time I gave my car a thorough interior clean I noticed that it looked just like this on the passenger side...

3B8C3C1E-EF7D-42C8-8757-9F2D9B3C9F8E.jpeg

... and found the missing trim piece in the door pocket on the passenger side. I was wondering what had been going on there and guess the window was adjusted at some point.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post