Power folding mirrors

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
mickwragg

Post by mickwragg »

Hi,

I'm new to Jaguar ownership and have just purchased a F-Type 3.0 V6 R Dynamic.

When I lock the car the mirrors are not folding in electrically! 

I presumed that this was a standard fitment but wondered if anyone could let me know if this is the fact or maybe an optional extra that has not been added from new.

Thank you in advance. 

IMG-20211213-WA0000.jpeg

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Not standard. They had to be optioned when new. Mine has them as a paid for option on the original sales invoice.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
scm

Post by scm »

Can you fold them in manually? If they are foldable, they can be configured (by a dealer) to not fold on locking, maybe a previous owner had them disabled.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Just to clarify “manually” that’s via the door buttons and not physically by hand - also possible.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
mickwragg

Post by mickwragg »

Thank you for the replies.
XZ4, I guess these were not optioned from new as even holding both the mirror buttons in simultaneously they do not operate.
scm & Lunar, no the mirrors will not fold using the buttons....I only by physically folding them in by hand.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post