Incontrol Remote

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Zakbelle

Post by Zakbelle »

Hi all, I've recently acquired a 2016 V6 in Firesand Orange and absolutely love the car but am a bit confused by the incontrol Remote app.

I've added the app to my phone but it doesn't read anything from my car, I have spoken to customer care and am happy to pay the £38 subs but what does this get me? I have been told that my car cannot use Remote climate start which was one of the reasons for getting the ar do now I'm starting to wonder if I should sign up at all. Can the Remote start up option be added retrospectively?

Many thanks

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Are you sure that your car has incontrol remote? If I recall correctly the earlier cars didn't have it and I don't know when it was introduced.

Access to remote start and remote climate start also depends on which market the car was sold on. For instance cars sold in Germany don't have those features, for some legal reasons I believe.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Zakbelle

Post by Zakbelle »

Hi majortom, I have access and the 2 buttons behind the flaps near the rear view mirror. Jag customer services said I have remote to be able to check doors etc but not the remote start capability? It's kind of annoying as it's the only thing I would use the incontrol for in my opinion. It's a UK car ex jag demo with lots of extras but not this remote start so.im told?

I might have to take it to my local jag dealer to see if they can help

Screenshot_20211225-194835_Remote.jpg

Zakbelle

Post by Zakbelle »

Incontrol still actually shows the location of the previous owner
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Other UK F-Types definitely have remote start so this does sound odd.

Apart from that it seems like the car is still connected to the previous owner's account. It seems to be a common issue that the dealer or previous owner don't take care of removing the car from the old account. JLR customer services can help out with this if you can provide some proof of ownership.
Last edited by MajorTom on Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

The UK MY16 cars will have InControl and remote start. Build dates will be from somewhere around March/April 2015 onwards. The console menu screen will be in colour vs the previous version where the main menu graphics were black and white.

The exception will be cars having a manual gearbox, as remote start is not compatible without the capability to prevent the from being in gear.

A jaguar dealer will be able to delete the previous owner from InControl if you show your registration document and driving license as proof of ownership (CRC will also do this of you provide the same, as MajorTom mentioned).

Once the previous owner is unlinked, you will be able to use the InControl website to link the car to your own InControl account. The website takes you through the steps which involves pressing the button in the roof console at the appropriate moment. I think it then gives you the subscription options when linked as your car.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

When my incontrol was moved to me from the previous owner by CRC, they remotely connected the car to my app account, didn't have to press any buttons in the car. All done by email with photos of V5 to prove ownership
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
01286p

Post by 01286p »

My V6S registered in November 2016 (MY 17) has remote start which works very well and also checks whether or not it is locked .
Tel

Post by Tel »

Zakbelle wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:04 pm Hi all, I've recently acquired a 2016 V6 in Firesand Orange and absolutely love the car but am a bit confused by the incontrol Remote app.

I've added the app to my phone but it doesn't read anything from my car, I have spoken to customer care and am happy to pay the £38 subs but what does this get me? I have been told that my car cannot use Remote climate start which was one of the reasons for getting the ar do now I'm starting to wonder if I should sign up at all. Can the Remote start up option be added retrospectively?

Many thanks

The InControl remote app was first introduced in 2014.

The only caveat I can think of, is if yours is a base model, maybe it wasn't an option and if not fitted, the app would behave exactly as you mention.

Retrospective upgrades I think will be a no-no.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Darren P

Post by Darren P »

Hi I have a 2017 MY2018 base and my in control shows alarm, window and doors. I can also unlock remotely but no option to start. On my car I wondered if it was because it’s a manual.
2017 F Type 340 Caldera Red
2020 I Pace

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post