Stage 2 tuning

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

Hello all, I'm toying with the idea of having my 3.0 380bhp taken to Stage 2 with larger intercooler, new pulleys, high flow air filters and also high flow sports cats.
Has anyone had any experience of this good or bad?
Thanks
Nick

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Nick,

It is good, very, very, good. Get in touch with David Appleby Engineering who’ve fitted all my Velocity Automotive Performance (VAP) stuff, plus friends with V6 & V8’s. They have a very good reputation tuning & upgrading Aston Martin & Jaguar.

With the V6 only bottom Crank Pulley required. Go for the full V6 ‘Power Pack’ plus 200 Cell Cats taking your car to a very drivable, noisy, reliable & enjoyable 453 bhp.

Good Luck 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

Hi Daddy Darren,
Thanks for the reply, that's what I was hoping someone would say 😁 The one I have been looking at doesn't mention downpipes but does include larger intercooler as apparently they can have cooling issues? Have you changed yours or suffered any heating issues?
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Pleasure Nick. My route followed some very knowledgeable friends met through Jaguar Breakfast Club. They are on here & can probably assist better than me. In fact I think James From DAE hovers about? He certainly knows his stuff.

I’ve had zero issues with cooling & general running. If advised by DAE I would’ve upgraded cooling but think UK climate & normal-ish road driving negates need. Car has never missed a beat. I will add my P&J is completely babied. Heated garage, serviced meticulously & only driven respectfully on sunny weekends. I do get the odd rush of blood though 💨 😄

Would advise VAP/DAE route...

https://www.davidapplebyengineering.com ... U_Tune/616

Plus these...

https://www.davidapplebyengineering.com ... pe_2WD/602

= 👌
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

Fantastic thanks, I've just emailed them for a fully fitted quote 👍
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... vip-design

Considerable gains on a v8 F type according to this , although the 550bhp standard on a 2017 is quite a lot already , wheelspin can be an issue !
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

stevejag wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:56 pm https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... vip-design

Considerable gains on a v8 F type according to this , although the 550bhp standard on a 2017 is quite a lot already , wheelspin can be an issue !
Yes the guy I was originally talking to about doing my stage 2 has got the V8 and it's pushing 667bhp RWD 😮 He is developing tuning packages for V6 and V8 and says he is hoping to get more still from his V8
DiamondWright

Post by DiamondWright »

Daddy Darren
Do the downpipes and sports cats make a noticeable improvement to the exhaust sound? I don't want to wake the dead but I would like a deeper, louder throaty sound if that makes sense? Or maybe a Quicksilver, Larini exhaust would be better.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Nick,

Yes. Most important consideration is the 200 Cell Cats perfectly complement the VAP Pulley & Tune...

703449A6-D672-4AAC-8966-10DE609F7ED7.jpeg

A pleasing side affect is the aggressive growl. The perfect compromise is retaining your OEM back box, especially with the Active Switchable Sports Exhaust. You now have more noise but the pitch is OEM & can switch on/off at will. I usually keep mine open 😄

Increased noise is apparent throughout the range but is progressive. I can tootle out the village on a Saturday morning, without annoying everyone, but on the open road above 3k revs the sound is naughty but glorious.

Do a bit of research before investing in the aftermarket exhausts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

Just had my SVR tuned through DAE as well. VAP upper pulley (new 2-part anti slip design), ECU tune. 200 cell cats on order. James thinks ~640bhp when cats fitted.

Dropped off and picked up from the station - brilliant service and communications. Cannot rate them highly enough.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post