SRS module

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AdrianFtype

Post by AdrianFtype »

Hi all i have my airbag light on since the crash repair- both the curtain and seat airbag went off on the near side- I have had both replaced but the airbag light is still on

I have tried to get the light coded out and re-set but the garage said it needs a replacement SRS air bag module + 2 hours to code it to the car
Question is can I get a module from a breaker car and have this coded to my car? (Clearly would need to be a breaker that hasn’t had the airbags activated? Any help is welcome

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I suppose you can , try eurojags biggest breaker of jags in the uk , ask for some warranty with the part , you or your garage of choice will need JLR diagnostics sdd or pathfinder . For pairing up
MoJo88

Post by MoJo88 »

You need to have your crash data removed from the module. Search eBay for this service, usually around £35 and has a same day turnaround.
AdrianFtype

Post by AdrianFtype »

Thanks all
Where do i locate the SRS module
Greenmanftype

Post by Greenmanftype »

Why wasn’t it fixed properly as part of the repair?

I’d be taking back to the repaid shop and insisting they fix it at their cost as it would seem they have returned your car in a state that will not pass an MoT.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The OP is repairing a crash damaged car themselves I believe as there has been several posts for parts, help, etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Greenmanftype

Post by Greenmanftype »

Argh - makes sense.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post