Climate fan left side

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
nurgle

Post by nurgle »

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience with the climate control fans beginning to wear out? The left side of my car just behind the vent (MY2013, 75K) has what to my ear, from working with computer fans, is a fan running on wearing/ worn out bearings. Noise stops completed with climate off and directly related to fan speed. I'm pretty confident its a fan, right side silent.

Any sense of the size of the job to fix?

regards,

Rob

Tel

Post by Tel »

There's only one fan for the whole car.

What you may find is some debris caught between the fan blades and the pollen filter.
This assembly is mounted on the lh side; pop the bonnet and you can remove the filter to check and also see the fan blades.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
nurgle

Post by nurgle »

All clear in there sadly. With filter out and car and climate on can hear what even more clearly to my ears sounds like a gradually expiring fan! :(
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Had mine replaced under warranty. It was making a high pitched squealing sound. I guess it was the bearing.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

nurgle wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 pm The left side of my car just behind the vent (MY2013, 75K) has what to my ear, from working with computer fans, is a fan running on wearing/ worn out bearings. Noise stops completely with climate off and directly related to fan speed.

Any sense of the size of the job to fix?
nurgle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:26 pm With filter out and car and climate on can hear what even more clearly to my ears sounds like a gradually expiring fan! :(

I've previously removed and repaired my car's centre vent and there's no blower with or directly behind it......looks like it's part of the air-con system as shown in the links provided at the end of my reply.

You may be interested in this......viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3992

Taken from the link......

“by ml276 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:09 am
hello, couldnt see any previous threads on this

have had the car for a few months and never actually driven with the centre vent deployed, until a few days ago

during this journey started to hear a horrible buzzing / vibrating noise coming from the centre vent area whilst the AC was on. disappeared as soon as the AC was switched off and the vent closed

cant remember the exact speed it started at, but certainly seemed to get worse with increasing speed/revs

wasn't captured very well on the dash cam, but the noise is certainly reproducible

has anyone experienced this or got any ideas as to what the problem could be.”

by Dan_Veluwe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:03 pm

@ml276. Had the same issue for 10 months. Turns out to be two fuel lines vibrating. Left hand side of vehicle, just in front of exhaust muffler..
-- just noticed you have a MY16 V6, could be another reason
---

Took my dealer several days, left the car 3 times for weeks with them... .. you must be happy with my post..

They fitted the two pieces of black rubber hose to prevent contact with the body.

Also this........https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ng-232116/

'2014 F-Type S V8 climate control blower not working'.

The following links show the diagrams and part numbers (VIN specific) for the F-Type Air conditioning blower motor, also the Air conditioning unit evaporator and blower......

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

I've attached the pic from Dan Veluwe's post (he had the 2018 P300 and has since sold it)......

1.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views