FLAT BATTERY, AND ROOF NOT LATCHED MESSAGE

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:32 am What is the current voltage from the battery
I dont know now, but 4 days ago was 12,24V(INSSUREANCE ASISTANCE READ IT). After that I charged it with the CTEK...

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Take another reading please it only costs £10 to buy a meter, were are you based
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

I just connected the OBDlink,and "input voltage read by the scan tool" is 14,9 V
Deleted User 3572

that must be with engine switched on . take another reading with it switched off
Deleted User 3572

Did you get this fixed
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

Hi again, I was out for one week, and then Im back.
NO way, message keeps appearing and roof doesnt open. I really think I will end up at the JLR service. A new battery is 440€, but really dont know if the new bat will solve the problem.

Really upset

Rgds
Deleted User 3572

1. I am trying my best to help you but you must help me , It looks as though you are in the EU . is that right ? 2. I really need you to take another reading of your battery Without starting car , can you do this please ? to get a reading of 14.9 with your obd tool your car engine must be running , as no way in gods earth you would get such a reading with engine off . 3. If your reading is lower than 12.6 volts put car on charge over night , then in morning without engine on take a further reading , If still below 12.6 then your battery is KAPUT and you need to replace it . IF it gives a reading off 12.6 then its fine . 4. get your hand book out and look for the fuse locations for the roof , their are 3 fuses for this sure all are in passenger's foot well compartment , check them !!!! their is one further step after this but i do not think you have experience to do it , (nothing personal ) and your car would then need taken to a dealer or auto shop as a wire might have been pulled from the grey coloured large plug located down inside the roof flap on the passenger's side UK
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

Hi All...
first of all thanks for your answer to all of you.

one week ago, after deciding to go to the jaguar service ´cause the message about the roof kept on showing and roof not moving, I started the Jag and the driver pannel looked like a disco: plenty of lights...new messages about steer, abs, AWD not working.
I got to the jaguar service and was told that mightbe the battery, 2 days later the said that wanted to charge me 6 hours 8100€/hour+ VAT) TO FIND OUT WHAT´S GOING ON. Cards, boards, info buses...they didnt know where the problem was. I moved the car to an specialized service but not official, they said same thing...May be the battery jumping, may be some mouses ate the cables...they re totally lost and I will pay for their leak of knowledge..(mmm maybe the want to get a big bill)...
anyhow..totally dissappointed and lost...
ANY IDEAS?
Regards
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

From reviewing your previous posts you have a 2017 R (AWD). Your in Europe somewhere, I'm guessing Italy maybe.

You first had issues when you left the car for 2 months and then had a flat battery. Since then your roof does not work and multiple errors on dash.

I think a new battery would be a very good starting point especially after having a flat battery. Check all connections and earth strap in front right wheel arch with a good mobile electrical technician if you can't do it yourself.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

simpleR wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:44 am From reviewing your previous posts you have a 2017 R (AWD). Your in Europe somewhere, I'm guessing Italy maybe.

You first had issues when you left the car for 2 months and then had a flat battery. Since then your roof does not work and multiple errors on dash.

I think a new battery would be a very good starting point especially after having a flat battery. Check all connections and earth strap in front right wheel arch with a good mobile electrical technician if you can't do it yourself.
Yes, this is a good summary. Tomorrow I might know if I have to ´invest´more money to find the problem or they found it with extra 300€ on work time I authorized. After that, they are suposed to find wich Control Unit/s are damaged and they will fix it/them instead of replacing as a JLR official would do. They are testing with a device that emulates a new battery,, so changing it wouldnt solve it I guess, although I think for sure they will replace the battery (€€€€....). Searching the internet Ive read several other posts about a CAN BUS PROBLEM,wich seems to be what is happening. The question is that this can bus links around 70 Control Units that the ftype has (windows, spoiler, ABS, etc...). The CAN BUS, developed by BOSCH since 1990s, is designed to connect a reader to it and get info from all the car, but sometimes it doesn´t work properly. Also Ive been told that ´jumping´ the Ftype is not a good idea because an OVERVOLTAGE might happen. Best thng when you run out of battery is to bring it to the service on a tow truck.
I´ll keep posting any news.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post