FLAT BATTERY, AND ROOF NOT LATCHED MESSAGE

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I have a voltage meter and use it weekly to check our cars batteries, if required I then hook up a 8v battery charger to them overnight and then take a further reading, I do have a ctek ms5 but I do not like it for a number of reasons (was a Christmas present from the kids ) main reason is it do not display the current voltage , yes I know it is more or less charged at stage 6-7 when green light is displayed , the other reason is a few of them are faulty I have had 2 , I much prefer the higher voltage 8 volt current ring brand I have , has a back light also modes inc winter mode like the ctek it switches itself of and " displays " the current voltage and cheaper than a ctek , end of the day it's your choice , Ps. If buying a battery online best place is Tanya last battery I bough was £30 cheaper from them than the same battery from Halfords

masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

Well, the REAL problem is that I cannot open the roof. Yesterday I did a 60km ride.
The message doesnt disappear from the panel, and I push the button for the roof and it doesnt move at all, not even a sound.
Deleted User 3572

Just took a reading via multimeter from the ftype , had not been on charge for at least 2 weeks and last reading at that time was 13.3volts . Today it reads 12.35 so is now on full charge till tomorrow
Deleted User 3572

[quote=masterpablito post_id=62129 time=1644245713 user_id=3734]
Well, the REAL problem is that I cannot open the roof. Yesterday I did a 60km ride.
The message doesnt disappear from the panel, and I push the button for the roof and it doesnt move at all, not even a sound.
[/quote]

If you did a 60km drive yesterday in the car one would believe the battery would be fully charged , PLEASE listen to the advice you are getting , I would suggest that you need to get an auto electrician or take this car to a garage for them to inspect , it could be your alternator is faulty or your battery really is kaput , but we don't wave codes do WE ...... help us to help YOu
scm

Post by scm »

I doubt 60kms is enough to fully charge the battery if it was very low. I think I've read somewhere that it take 20 minutes driving to put back the charge used to start the car. Anyone have any definitive info about that?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

When I bought my car from a jaguar dealer I was told on putting down a deposit the roof was faulty would not go down or up , required a new motor and harness for the roof , I waited over 3 weeks for parts as shortage and then to be fitted I asked the auto electrician if convertible s, get many problems his reply was NO as long as the battery has a full charge :(
Deleted User 3572

[quote=scm post_id=62133 time=1644247634 user_id=1834]
I doubt 60kms is enough to fully charge the battery if it was very low. I think I've read somewhere that it take 20 minutes driving to put back the charge used to start the car. Anyone have any definitive info about that?
[/quote]

Don't know for sure mate , was told about 20 years ago by a AA man to take the car for a 10 mile run that should fully charge a battery , but in today's modern cars with every thing being electric etc , any way I'm done , it's up to the op to take or not take the advice given he won't even take a reading of the current battery for god sake :roll:
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I also don't think 60km will charge the battery. Is your auto Stop/Start working? This is normally a good indication if the battery is fully charged or not. When I bought my car, collecting it from near Nottingham, the first time the Stop/Start worked was near Holyhead, about 160miles later - and I'd no low battery warning or issues when I started!
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Those AA men were good in their day!
But cars were much simpler then as well.
12.3V is only aout 50% charged.
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

Im a little bit ashamed to tell this, but yesterday night I tried to RESET the car again (after thr 60km trip) and unpluged the battery. I also closed the trunk.
This morning couldnt open the trunk and called the assistance again. He just connected his battery, I opened the trunk and connected my battery. I asked the guy if he could check the battery and with a tester he got:
Batttery State...88% (meaning that battery still have a lif in front)
Charge level......44% ....so low battery still can be the answer.
I´ll buy a battery charger wich are not expensive and see if the roof returns to life. Everything but going to the Jaguar dealer...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post