FLAT BATTERY, AND ROOF NOT LATCHED MESSAGE

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Ctek is a maintainer or trickle charger , it takes Days to fully charge , frankly I don't rate them

scm

Post by scm »

You're in a minority, then! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

And happy to be in one . ctek are not the be all and end all , over rated junk if you ask me , your battery has to be fully charged prior to using one ask me how i know , first one failed !!! second and present one lies in shed was a Christmas pressie , a good 8-10 amp normal charger will FULLY charge any car battery over nite Ctek WONT :lol: ;)
scm

Post by scm »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:22 pm a good 8-10 amp normal charger will FULLY charge any car battery over nite Ctek WONT :lol: ;)
Yeah, but if you store your car for the winter, your good 8-10 amp normal charger won't keep the battery in tip-top condition, the CTEK WILL. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

[quote=scm post_id=62171 time=1644353118 user_id=1834]
[quote=Beltupandholdon post_id=62170 time=1644351769 user_id=3572] a good 8-10 amp normal charger will FULLY charge any car battery over nite Ctek WONT :lol: ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, but if you store your car for the winter, your good 8-10 amp normal charger won't keep the battery in tip-top condition, the CTEK WILL. ;)
[/quote]

Pardon ;) my car is at present Stored as you call it , sits outside with a cover over it and the charger clips are on positive and negitive , the cable plug end dangles outside all i do is plug it in to the extension lead every two weeks , i still can get access to boot hence me taking a reading prior to connection , works for me :lol:
Deleted User 3572

Any one wants a ctek ms5 model like new sure I still got the box somewhere it's theirs for a bargain price of £35 bucks including posting uk only
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

A standard charger without AGM specific profiles isnt great for regularly charging an AGM battery, it wont reach the correct voltage for an AGM, and will eventually memory effect the battery to lower capacity, which is why the CTEK charger is good for maintenance/storage, a deep discharged battery does need a kick from a high power charger which the CTEK is not good for.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Deleted User 3572

[quote=Philskill post_id=62175 time=1644357948 user_id=1924]
A standard charger without AGM specific profiles isnt great for regularly charging an AGM battery, it wont reach the correct voltage for an AGM, and will eventually memory effect the battery to lower capacity, which is why the CTEK charger is good for maintenance/storage, a deep discharged battery does need a kick from a high power charger which the CTEK is not good for.
[/quote]

Correct. Prior to buying the Ring brand one I have (4 in total , 1 cteck, 1 ring , 2 aldi brand ) I looked it up to make sure that all battery types inc Amg were suitable , even the aldi ones have a voltage display with back light and are Amg comparable a bargain for under 15 old English bottle tops lol
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

well:

* CTEK at level7..suposedly battery is charged
* OBDlink gives no codes about latch or battery or at least I cant find them
Message still displaying and roof not opening...

Any more hints?
Deleted User 3572

What is the current voltage from the battery

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post