FLAT BATTERY, AND ROOF NOT LATCHED MESSAGE

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

masterpablito wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:27 pmAlso Ive been told that ´jumping´ the Ftype is not a good idea because an OVERVOLTAGE might happen. Best thng when you run out of battery is to bring it to the service on a tow truck.
Not sure who gave that "advice" - it's perfectly okay to jump start an F-Type with a flat battery as long as you follow the procedure documented in the handbook. If it wasn't okay, Jaguar wouldn't document it. But if you'd rather pay for a tow truck instead of asking a friend with a battery ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Manual here - https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/
Jump starting from a donor vehicle or starting aid is completely ok.

Testing with a device that emulates a new device? Unsure how that works.... the F-Type has a battery monitoring system, The Intelligent Power System Management (IPSM) continuously monitors the condition of the main vehicle battery. If excessive battery discharge occurs, the system begins to shut down non-essential electrical systems, in order to protect the battery. As you've had a flat battery, a new battery and check earth strap should surely be the first point of investigation before spending ££ on electrical investigations and other possible causes.
It all started with a flat battery from your posts .
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
masterpablito

Post by masterpablito »

Hi, more than 3 months after my first post, my ftype is in the service. Almost everything dissasambled but the engine...they say they cant find the problem Now they think is one of the motors of the top,
Supposedly water entered in the place where its located (the right side of the car, right motor) and thus the communication with the can bus was inaccurate. Change the motor they say its 800€ (each one...). They say too that they need to unmount the top to check more control units and they cant because of this broken motor.
A total disaster!!!!

Any hints? Any info about:
- unmounting the top?
- water in the top motor location?
- price of a motor?

Its not the official service but is a aknowledge service, but deosnt seem to know what they are doing...

Im talking about Madrid, Spain.

Regards¡

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post