Led headlamp problem

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Andybirts17

Post by Andybirts17 »

Hi would really appreciate some help with this

I have a 2017 F Type R and it would appear that the led strip (hockey stick) on one headlamp is far brighter than the other

Does anybody know if this is fixable?

Thanks

Andy

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Fixable yes, but likely only with a replacement headlamp assy. so very expensive if you don’t have it under warranty.
I assume you’ve already checked the lights manually - e.g. when unlocking they both flash brightly but only one then dims correctly?
Certainly worth getting the error messages checked out first if you’re paying for the fix yourself.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

One side dims when the indicators are on. I wonder if your dimming is due to a fault in that circuit, or however it's done?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I have a spare drivers side J LED headlight (off MY18 - 17 plate 400 sport) that could potentially be for sale.

They are about £1600 new from memory. It has a tiny scratch/mark in the very bottom corner. I had it swapped as a free repair and managed to keep it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yikes!

T2R17677 - £2,138.06 + VAT
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Boon

Post by Boon »

just had mine replaced under warranty. mine was on the nearside and it also had a small piece of paper sitting in it. seems to be a bit of a common fault on the LEDs
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

This is a known issue on MY18 cars. Looks like the producer Valeo built a bad batch around then. It doesn't seem possible to repair so the solution is to replace the whole light.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
JamesOC

Post by JamesOC »

For info my car has also got this issue and it’s a MY20.
See other thread - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6411
MY20 R AWD Coupe, Portofino Blue
Previous: 2011 XK
BRICK916

Post by BRICK916 »

I had same issue. Bought a replacement light on Ebay that had the 2 electronic modules on the house. Did a swap with the LED strip and 2 modules. Worked. Getting the headlight apart is a pain. You have to bake it in the oven at 270 degrees for 7.25 minutes so the glue gets tacky.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post