Door glass scratched.

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
David36

Post by David36 »

Hi guys, I have a 2019 F Type 2.0 with 5k miles and have noticed for a few weeks now that the windows especially drivers side screeching when entering and exiting the car and have also noticed some vertical scratches on both windows. I’ve raised this issue with my local JLR dealership and they have had the car for 5 days with a view to replacement of the seals and glass under warranty. Got a call yesterday that the warranty claim was unsuccessful but the dealership would persevere and try to chase down a repair as a “ goodwill gesture “. I am aware that there is a Technical Bulletin for this issue ( JTB00502NAS3 ) The service advisor couldn’t tell me if the replacement seals had been modified. Will update if I hear anything .

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

My guess is your car already has the revised window seals. I think they were introduced in something like 2016

Hopefully, you'll get it resolved satisfactorily l
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
David36

Post by David36 »

Update :- received a call from my local dealership and good news. They are going to replace seals and glass on both doors. ( parts + labour ) The only problem is all the parts are on back-order but at least repairs have been approved by JLR.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Any pics of how bad the scratches are? Mine might have some very minor scratches and knowing that this is a common problem I'll take a closer look at this before my warranty expires so it would be interesting to know how bad it needs to be to get new seals and windows.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
David36

Post by David36 »

Up-date :- As previously mentioned, my warranty claim was rejected so the dealership went down the route of approaching JLR for replacement of glass and seals as “ a goodwill guesture “ which was approved. Parts arrived in stock and the replacement was completed tail end of last week. The service advisor I was dealing with did mention that the new parts fitted were indeed modified from OE when the vehicle was assembled. Just need to keep an eye on the glass whenever I’m cleaning the car.
ps. Some-one asked how bad the scratches were ! The way JLR judge it is if you can feel the scratches when you run your nail over them then is replacement, if not they are instructed to try and polish out the scratches.
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Thanks for info David, I will need this doing, sadly I'm out of warranty but I have a Platinum warranty from Warrantywise (a chance of them covering it??? I'll have to ask!). My question is though, will this happen again once the repair has been done? Is it small stones etc getting into the seal?
2017 R
South East Cornwall
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Jimmyrn85 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:10 am I will need this doing, sadly I'm out of warranty but I have a Platinum warranty from Warrantywise (a chance of them covering it??? I'll have to ask!). My question is though, will this happen again once the repair has been done? Is it small stones etc getting into the seal?
Have a read through this......viewtopic.php?p=65209#p65209
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Thank you!